Has anyone heard from Keeter

A Google search shows that Keith (UA100) hasn't posted since April, 19. Does anyone know how he's doing?

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

I was wondering the same thing. I was in his local area in April, and we planned to hook up, but we never made contact.

Hopefully, all is well, and he's just busy with work or something.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

He's active on other groups.

Perhaps this silence is the ultimate form of what he considers clever commentary?

Reply to
George

That is actually funny, Dave.

Last time I spoke with Keith he indicated that a mental health break from the Wreck was in order.

I was in agreement with him.

The Wreck has gotten more coarse and less interesting over the last many months.

The people who used to make it fun have pulled back.

I was real happy to see Bridger's post today about the problem of hiding the plasma screen. It was more like some of the more interesting threads of old. An interesting problem.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Contemporary reference: Darth Maul?

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

I need to update, but been too busy, and I've got that house "locked out" while the hardwood floors guys do their 'thang'. However, that circumstance finally gave me time yesterday to do the kind of small, finished-in-a-day, project that refreshes.

A dear old friend had asked me a couple of months back about repairing her metal newspaper recycling holder ... instead I made her a wooden one out of maple scraps from those kitchen drawers and presented it to her in the afternoon ... the gratitude, along with a big hug, was more than ample payment.

Started with just a dim idea and winged it totally, from the dovetail sides, to the last minute decision to fire up the HVLP sprayer and clear shellac it ... IKEA would have been proud, but I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the project.

Here lately it's been those projects that require little or no planning, and that you can see/deliver the results in a day, that are the most enjoyable to me.

Good luck on that shower ...

Reply to
Swingman

My daughter just explained that one to me, haven't seen the movie. Sorry this is just an old cast steel one.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

"Swingman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

There is a lot of joy to be found in spontaneity, and in small things that exceed the expectations of folks around us.

My wife just said something from the other room, as I read your message. "I don't see where you're going to get much more done on that shower before you have to leave for Chicago." It is good to be understood, and implicitly forgiven for not being Superman.

Yesterday's good fortune: In running an errand with the wife, I found a previously unknown to me hardwood flooring dealer in the next town over, hiding back in an industrial park. While she did her thing next door, I walked in, and visited with the fellow. There was some really sweet, mellow blues playing on the sound system. The owner plays blues guitar for his fun, and sells professional grade flooring products as his day gig. It was great to make a friend!

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch