Ronseal Multi Purpose Wood Filler

Am I only now catching up with this instruction on the back of the tub that possibly everyone else has seen ? :-

"3. Smooth over with a wet knife before dying"

I did look at that several times and at 71 did worry about it a bit! I did even go and check the dictionary. Yes, that is the present participle of 'die' and not 'dye' (dyeing) as perhaps they meant - ignorant b******s. Bu t why not use 'stain' as appears a couple of lines further on, and in the c ontext is far more meaningful.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

At least it gives plenty of time to undertake the task

Reply to
Rick Hughes