Ronseal pump fence sprayers with Ronseal one coat fence protectors??

Does anyone know if you have to use the sprayable Ronseal one coat fence protector with the Ronseal pump fence sprayer,or can the normal none sprayable protectors,the kind you put on with a brush be used with the sprayers.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Reply to
Joey

A good friend of mine swears that it is impossible to use even Ronseal sprayable protector with the Ronseal pump spray, and having watched the many attempts made, I agree!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

I wouldn't argue either, it would be easier to spread it on with a knife. I did my shed with it and the stuff just fell off the next year - it sits on the surface and doesn't soak into the wood at all. I'm back to using as near as I can get to old-fashioned creosote as soon as (if?) the weather dries out enough.

Reply to
Bob Henson

But does the protector have to be the sprayable kind to use with a sprayer or can the none sprayable kind (put it on with a brush) be used in a sprayer,(is it to thick to use in a sprayer)

Reply to
Joey

I'm sure you could spray creosote (or it's modern equivalent) as it isn't viscous - but it might be a tad hazardous if inhaled. Similarly, you could spray any thin liquid with the correct spray - one designed for water? The Ronseal stuff is like glue and although supposed to be thixotropic (I guess?), doesn't really seem to be so. I doubt the Ronseal sprayer could be used to spray anything else as it's nozzle would be too coarse for a normal thin liquid - but maybe someone here has tried it and can tell you? I threw mine away and went back to creosote in a bucket, a big brush, some goggles, a long sleeved shirt, and thick gloves.

Reply to
Bob Henson

My brother in law had the same experience. Clogged up every few minutes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thank you all for your advice,question answered,I will buy a Cuprinol sprayer and try it out.

Appreciated very much

Reply to
Joey

I can't remember whether mine is Ronseal or Cuprinol (and I can't be arsed to go look in the shed at the moment)- but I did discover - and it was confirmed by the manufacturer - that once the sprayable liquids have been subject to frost they are no longer sprayable. Otherwise it worked fine. Sprayed about 30 fence panels in total.

Reply to
bert

If you water it down half pint to 3. 1/2 litres it should not clog

Reply to
mickytrowell67