Cuprinol deck/fence sprayers

I see down at the sheds you can get "deck sprayers" or "fence sprayers" (which appear to be the same apart from a slightly different nozzle). Apparently, they're intended to be used with deck/fence restorer sprays. Cuprinol are the famous one but B&Q also do their own one.

Anyone tried one of these ? Is there really much difference from the generic pump & spray thingies for weedkiller etc ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

When I had to treat a couple of fences recently, I used the Cuprinol sprayable stuff with a cheap pump-up weedkiller sprayer that I got from Lidl. It worked fine - no blockages and the coverage was about what it said on the container. It _is_ more expensive than the slap-on stain tho'.

Also, if you need more than 1 pack, make sure you get all the same shade :-( Fortunately you can mix different shades together quite well.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

I haven't but my BIL did and was very dissapointed with it. He bought the Wickes treatment and sprayer. He said the nozzle blocked every few mins.

He also didn't like the finish, he said it looked like it hadn't soaked into the fence.

He went back to a brush.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman