Roof Paint/Coating?

Hello,

Does anyone know the difference between roof paint and coating?

Many years ago i used something that was made of tar, fiberglass and plus something that made it dry shiny silver. I think the "fiberglass" was of a fiber nature. It was applied with a brush, but i donot remember what kind of brush.

Does anyone know if such still exists? It was expensive. I had it painted on a slightly, showing-signs-of -usting roof.

Thank you

Reply to
Harry

All the box stores have this in the roofing displays. I believe they label it as 'Mobile Home Roof Coating' and it definitely comes in silver. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Sounds like the exact material used on mobile homes during the '50s in S Florida. It sealed the roof and the light color refracted plenty Sun and heat back away from the metal roof.

Many roof coatings were light color; at least over tar.

-- Oren

Hofstadter's Law - It [a task] always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Reply to
Oren