Argos Deal

Hi All

Wanted a cheapo lightweight drill/drive for light use.

Just picked up a Challenge Extreme 14:4 volt drill driver from Argos. Two batteries, one hour charger, 10mm keyless chuck, brake, 16 torque settings, variable speed, F/R, no hammer.

Argos are clearing them out at £19:99.

Got a one year warranty. If it lasts a year I'm a happy bunny - 40p a week.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Your deal is numb: 7105520

£30 for the SDS. Numb: 883/0791
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doubt whether the warranty covers 'professional' use though.

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

I won't tell them if you don't :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't think this is relevant in this situation..

Reply to
PhilÅ

Barb acknowledged!

In this situation however, I will be using the driver 2 or 3 times a week. Entirely consistent with a busy DIY user renovating a house or doing a self build. That I earn a living doing so is irrelevant.

The 'hours per week use' is what matters surely? I accept that a joiner on a building site would find the tool useless & would trash it in a matter of weeks.

My 'hours per week use' is no different to a harsh DIY user and the 'Challenge Xtreme' range is reckoned by Argos to be 'Rigorousley engineered to meet the toughest challenge. Great performance for more demanding DIY at affordable prices.'

As opposed to 'Great value & performance for everyday DIY. Designed & engineered for everyday DIY use.' Which applies to the standard 'Challenge' range.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You should be ok as long as it doesn't obviously look 'hammered' - and as long as you wear a suit rather than overalls when taking it back.

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

Hadn't you better leave the issue of coping with rapidly rotating sharp devices to the experts? In the hands of an amateur such as yourself, a drill could cause abrasion of skin, removal of eyes and hundreds of other injuries.

Best leave it to the experts.

Reply to
Steve Firth