Shower curtain rail height

I need to install a rail to carry a shower curtain. Probably a daft question, but by how much should the bottom of the curtain extend below the rim of the (shallow) tray?

Should the rail be directly above the inner edge of the tray or is it acceptable to place it a little further out to increase the available width within the tray?

Shower curtains work fine in conjunction with baths and I allow 75-150mm depth of overlap. Shower curtains, despite their name, are unsuitable for use with a shower tray unless it in a wet room. In the latter case why would you bother with the tray?

This is not critical, but seeing as you will have to keep the end of the curtain above the tray (or it'll go putrid in short order) you will need to keep the rail inside the tray , so to speak.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

And they also stick to your arse and turn horrible in a short space of time.lol

Reply to
Stuart

You are supposed to peel them off when you get out of the shower ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm curious to know why...

I would imagine it is because of the limited depth of the tray as opposed to the depth of a bath . As there is a tendency for the curtain to move around either because of you touching it or the force of the water hitting it ,this ,I suspect,will mean water spilling over on the floor which,in a wet room,won't matter .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart