Are Yahoo groups delaying Gmail post?

Hi all, I am using a Desktop computer using Win 10.

Using my Gmail address to post to a Yahoo group, message shows in the group post list, at the Yahoo group page, other members get it and if they reply to it I receive them ok, but my original post has still not been sent to my Gmail address, they arrive hours later? Has anyone else found this? Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW

I've been having no end of issues with mailing lists just lately. I get mysteriously unsubscribed, or only followups get through or next day new threads do, but nothing else, and its affecting all the accounts, not just gmail, yahoo and virgin and tiscali now talk talk. I'm thinking the industry is trying to block some major spam attacks and is losing normal emails sometimes. Bit of a shame. As for why freelists.org excommunicated one of my Virgin lists, maybe somebody is spoofing my ip address or something. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I had a problem at work with a mailing list server we run - BTInternet were bouncing posts en-masse as our SPF DNS record was missing.

SPF - knew what it was, thought it was a cute idea a few years ago, did not realise people were *actually* using it!

So that could be an issue...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not receiving email from groups When you send mail to any group or mailing list you subscribe to, Gmail automatically skips your in box and archives the message to save you time and prevent clutter. The message will appear in your in box if someone responds to it or if there is an error delivering the message. If you'd like to view your message, you can find it in Sent Mail or All Mail.

this is a known issue with Gmail and other providers have this little feature where they automatically think you don't want a copy again of your own mail. Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW