WOODWORK-L Update news......

This just in from Mr. Stephens over at Indiana EDU. He asked me to pass this along to the group:

*snip* I have the list on hold. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. If you would - please pass this on to rec.woodworking as I don't have access where I an right now.

Thanks.

*end snip*

He's on it!

Jim

-- ....

Reply to
James D Kountz

This is interesting, as I'm seeing none of this. It's not being caught by my filters... It's just not showing up.

I'm using supernews.com, maybe their catching this at the source... I'll have to check my other news account at shaw.ca

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Thanks Jim,

So common courtesy and diplomacy DOES works faster than just trying to swamp his server & HD? But, next time this happens, I think we should just pool our resources and built a big siege engine and lob wood scraps & cut-offs at him until he stops.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

You're not seeing it cuz you have a fake reply-to e-mail address. Only the people with a real, unmodified reply-to address are seeing it.

Reply to
gabriel

Dave,

These error messages are not being sent to the rec. They are being sent to the regular email address of some of us posting _to_ the rec. Someone has set things up so some postings to the rec. as fed into the WOODWORK-L list and, as we are not members, a standard, automated error message is posted back to the home email of the original rec. poster. At least that is how I have it figured. Myself and others have posted our displeasure with the obscene posting to the rec. of late. I suspect that is how I've attracted this "special" treatment. My "DELETE" function still works GREAT!

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

A good reason for having one, then...