Andy Hall vs IMM

Once again this NG is being dominated by another "yes I did" - "no I didn't" thread which goes on and on.

We all know who is talking sense and who has to keep trying to justify his rash assertions by using more and more red herrings and ever-increasingly dubious logic - so you don't have to prooove anything!

It all gets so boooring for everyone else, because *both* must have the last word.

Please try to find a way of agreeing to differ, and just let it drop - for the sake of everyone else's sanity. Yes, I *know* we don't have to read it, but . . .

Reply to
Set Square

In message , Set Square writes

read what?

Reply to
me

Is it? I don't know even know which thread you're referring to.

I disagree. Plenty of useful snippets come out of such discussions - if you learn to skip the invective.

There are plenty of threads on here I'm not interested in, so I don't bother reading them. Are you saying you read each and every thread?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On Sun, 30 May 2004 11:36:33 +0100, "Set Square" strung together this:

Which thread is this then?

Reply to
Lurch

I know he is pathetic isn't he.

Reply to
IMM

I was referring to "Ping Andy Hall re flowswitches"

No, of course I don't read every thread. However, this one started off being quite interesting, so I marked it for "watching". But it soon degenerated into a senseless argument - which *did* go on and on - about whether you could feasibly source a bath full of hot water from a 45 litre (10 gallon!) hot storage tank. One party continued to produce increasingly fatuous arguments to justify his assertion that you *could* - and the other party just *had* to refute them ad nauseam.

Reply to
Set Square

I find many of these threads quite good really. For those who are interested in physics, you get a nice demonstration of the application of physical principles to real world situations - always more interesting than the straight text book stuff. As IMM wanders off into ever more bizarre assertions, we get the chance to delve into an ever broadening range of topics.

I appreciate for Andy it must be like shooting fish in a barrel, but there is a little entertainment value to be gained from just how far DIMM can push the "night is day" argument.

Reply to
John Rumm

degenerated

I find it frustrating putting across to rank amateurs, who think they know it all, much like yourself, that what they saying is just balls; based on in the field experience. What amazes me is that they do actually believe they are right with little, or absolutely no experience in the topic they engage in. That I find can be dangerous.

Reply to
IMM

Well IMM is correct, you can, as long as you don't mind having (at best) lukewarm baths !

I'll get my coat.... :~)

Reply to
Jerry.

Isn't it about time you told us all again about your qualifications that allow you to call others 'rank amateurs'? After all, 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' hasn't started the new run yet, and we could all do with a laugh.

Reply to
Dave Plowman
[22 lines snipped]

Oh, the irony.

Reply to
Huge

Dave Plowman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk:

It was me - I started posting about renewing my h/w cylinder; Andy asnwered and led me through the process of choice till I arrived at the final-ish result - indirect conventional cylinder of adequate size, maybe quick recovery, depends on costs etc,

He explained how I could boost the h/w flow on account of using large diameter pipe from header to cylinder, and directed me to DPS (not the several billion discount plumbers, but Heatweb).

At all stages I thought that this is a bloke who knows you can't sew a button on a fart.

Even the argument with IMM produced some extra gen., and I have to say it felt as though IMM was not very familiar with buttons and farts, this also was input.

So I'm happy, sorry about the extra noise, but it's nothing to the spam I shovel out daily.

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Point noted.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

IMM wrote

Why is it your arguing position always degenerates into childish name-calling?

There's no "mystery" about that for me. You don't really know anything about anything do you?. In reality you spend all your time on your PC - when do you get time to gain any hands-on experience of "doing anything yourself"? Your experience and opinions are all second-hand - borrowed or stolen from others. That's why when challenged you haven't got any solid answers. You're a fraud, a real-life pie-in-the-sky, cloud-cuckoo-land, Billy Liar.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

You already figured that out as you mentioned that in your first post.

Reply to
IMM

ever-increasingly

< snip tripe from a surveyor who doesn't even know the building side, yet alone heating >
Reply to
IMM

New series starts this Monday (31st) at 1830.

Radio 4 in case there are any ignoramuses out there :-)

Martin Angove

Diolch yn fawr.

I wasn't aware of that - excellent programme.

I like most that R4 put in that slot.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, its fun. Or simply skip the messages if you are bored.

Why should anyone else stir themselves because you are BORED. Go and do some D-I-Y for ****'s sake!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Imm is like the royal family, you can't quite see the point, but after a while you realise its an accurate reflection of a sad section of society, and should be preserved as a Lesson To Us All.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher