For Andy Hall

Blinding deal here mate, don't miss it!

The Medway Handyman

It probably would. Like that wine with antifreeze from Austria.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Was it as bad as the French stuff with the cow blood in it?

Reply to
dennis

I never tried it, Dennis.

Reply to
Andy Hall

We've already had the olive discussion

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Mmmm, black pudding wine. Pregnant mothers can probably get it free on the French NHS.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Try telling Popeye & Bluto that.............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not knocking the oil but it looks a little pricy for what it is...

I'd prefer something like:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Nah, much prefer the Linguine with Squid Ink

Reply to
Mj

You have never drunk French red wine?

Reply to
dennis

Of course.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I was in the plumbers merchant with my argumentative 13 year old son. He asked why we were there and I said I needed to buy some olives. I ended up winning a =A35 bet with him, because plumbers merchants obviously don't sell olives! Never paid me though.

Reply to
Tim Decker

No, they never do.

Don't think it gets any easier as they get older either.

The amounts by which you subsidise them just increase.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Well, I'm sure at some point during your entrepreneurial career you said, "I'm only doing it for the kids", and they believed you.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

No I didn't because they wouldn't have. Fortunately they haven't become actuaries, accountants or tax inspectors either.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why fortunately?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I think that accountants are marginally useful in that at least they will do the boring work of assembling numbers, predominantly for those that don't really need to know them.

Actuaries are simply people who found acountancy too exciting.

I've never found anybody other than a tax inspector who believes that tax inspectors form a valued part of the food chain.

I wouldn't want to encourage anybody's child to go down any of these career paths let alone my own. This is in the slight hope that eventually the Darwinian principles would apply and these "professions" would die out. However, it is not one of my major crusades.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's book keepers. Accountants run the world and, given our obsession with the bottom line, maybe that's appropriate.

I know one who is still working on Twin Towers cases. When bad things happen, the boring details don't disappear when the news coverage stops

They're there to keep entrepreneurs in check.

Then how would the government know how much to tax you?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Actually you're right. I'd thought of them in terms of a subset rather than a sub species.

They think that that's what they do. Entrepreneurs simply look for an alternative solution.

They seem happy enough to outsource their data entry to people who they claim to be their customers.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What do you call an actuaries girlfriend?

Inflatable :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman