Amazon strange email change.

Has anyone else bought anything recently from Amazon. When you do the check out you can see your address, its been the same for years, but now when the confirmation email arrives it just has my first name and town as the delivery address on the email. I cannot for the life of me see why this should be done. I actually went back on line and it says my default address completely but when you look at the pending orders anything in there has this very truncated data. Seems pointless and just a little confusing. Let us all hope that the address they actually print on the box is the full one and not the mutilated one, or I'll never see it as Brian in Kingston Upon Thames!

This is a recent change, as I myself have not altered anything. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Can confirm this change has occurred but only assumption is available to explain. Which is that it reduces the possibility of leaking information. Doesn't make much difference most of the time as, if we need to know the address, we can check in our account.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Been like it for a while. Makes no difference to deliveries.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I noticed that too. At first I thought Royal Mail will have a challenge with this one, then I established the full address is still shown on the consignment.

Reply to
Scott

It's probably something to do with GDPR and the perceived insecurity of email.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

+1
Reply to
newshound

It changed about a month ago from what I can see...

Reply to
John Rumm

Like Hermes 'software upgrade' at the start of the month that printed the wrong barcode on address labels !!!.

Parcels going all over the country, and nowhere near the intended address.

Reply to
Andrew

Except that the Amazon change worked fine.

Reply to
newshound

Well not bought anything for a month or so. I did buy another echo dot but did not notice, but my latest order is for more money so I checked it all. grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

One might have expected an email telling us this? After all they are fast enough when they want to flog us prime, video or music! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

An order I placed on 4th March did not showm my name and my address correctly on the order confirmation email. Only my initals were shown instead of my name and the first and half the 2nd line of the address are missing.

Reply to
Michael Chare