Amazon prime

just been tricked into prime for about the fifth time....there appears to be no way to avoid it these days nd I was very caefull....just have to cancil again...what a pain...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

that is it cancelled...why are amazon such a shower of bastards ? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

no and no

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

whatever you say ron

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I had no difficulty clicking on the "no I don't want this" button

of course I also had to say no to the expectation of "get it delivered tomorrow"

but as my usual reason for buying online is because shops don't stock the product I am buying (at close to the same price), that's never an issue

Reply to
tim...

Delivered tomorrow ????????

I still have over an hour to be able to order some things for delivery by

7pm today.
Reply to
Jethro_uk

He may be or maybe he just does not read the very clear delivery options on the page. Its blatantly clear there are many choices with and without prime. My one gripe at the moment on Amazon is that it was easy to return stuff until quite recently but now lots of post offices do not accept pre printed or codes on labels for inexplicable reasons, wanting you to show their device the or code at the time of return. The problem fo me is that I do not use a smart phone with its screen on and in any case the email address to the account is not the one on the phone either. I had to send it via hemes instead. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

In message <s7nr5q$d4a$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, tim... snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

:-) I finally managed to log in to my Amazon account without the hyperlink two part security. It turned out that I had acquired a second, unknown to me, account which had the two factor security. Support managed to delete the account and things are back to normal. Most recent order offered 7 day Prime or free delivery. I rather wonder if they had spotted me signing up for Prime and then cancelling prior to the 30 day auto billing:-)

Nearest useful outlets to me are a 15mile round trip so delivery always a consideration.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I don't fall for the traps laid but its easy to see how it can happen. The structure of the presentation does seem to show contempt for the customer. One thing that is quite tricky is finding an additional delivery charge after combining several items claiming "eligabilty for free delivery". But that's OK cuz then I just cancel the order and go to eBay where goods are usually less expensive and clearly offer free delivery.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I agree that it is annoying, I usually manage to avoid Prime but I did fall into a trap recently, I think I manage to abandon the order somehow.

They have said that the plan to hire another 10,000 staff. I am surprised at this as I was thinking that online shopping might reduce as the Covid restrictions are reduced.

Reply to
Michael Chare

It's to handle the Prime cancellations.

Reply to
Bob Eager

They can read a printed copy of the QR code.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Could you not go vegan and start posting about that "revelation" instead? Based on other threads it would be more entertaining!

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm pretty sure Prime isn't a 'revelation' to Jim (as he mentioned 'the filth time'), just as veganism isn't to many, especially those not ignorant (or in denial) of it's means and goals. ;-)

And it would be better for the planet (and so all of us), and would cause far less death, exploitation of innocent and (now legally recognised) sentient and feeling creatures (a discussion topic you find entertaining)?

Does 'organic' farming mean the shackles are made from naturally occurring materials and the animals have the free choice of freedom or abattoir?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

wasn't one

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

ok smarto stick this in your basket and try to buy it without gaining prime....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

wasn't one what?

Reply to
tim...

Picture of current item status.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

last one arriving here today thanks to my prime postage offer

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

See that bit where it says "No thanks, continue without Prime", click that ...

Reply to
Andy Burns