8 hundred and 92 knobheads

You know your next door neighbours they have quite a slope there why not put the idea into their heads to make a dam at the house end and fill it up, should provide endless hours of fun videos;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

They are moving:-(

And really mean that I am sad.

Hopefully the new neighbour will have more of a clue.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

They will never be as green as Drivel.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So are cars with CATs.

Not true, hydro does create pollution from , maintenance, lubrication, etc.

Reply to
dennis

What's green and eats nuts?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Miss Piggies mouth?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Chavs in Wssex may well be living near the power plants to where the pollution has been exported.

That's only true if there's an excess of hydro. As there isn't, using hydro for the vehicle means more coal or gas gets burnt to supply power to the thing that would have used the hydro.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Would you be good enough to expand on that a bit more. Accepted there will be a large CO2 product whilst the reactor is under construction with the amount of concrete used but after that ?. Where is the need to CO2 afterwards?...

Reply to
tony sayer

I think it oxidises fairly quickly.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oh I don't doubt mechanics could be made to cope but properly rated cable is hard to flex in a similar way to a fuel pump hose. That sort of current needs a clamped connection rather than something loosly sprung and, what I was thinking of mostly, is the sheer power needed which is miles beyond what you could draw at home. I suppose though that one would have charging stations in the same way as petrol ones but 8 bays going full belt is 4MW and that needs some solid infrastructure above what is already about.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

yes..half life is weeks, not years

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

4MW is not bad - its not much worse than an electric train accelerating.

so although you need something special its not that special.

I would assume 3 phase 400V at maybe 32A a phase is within reach of most connectors for general fast charging,.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mining the fuel and purifying it generates CO2, and maintaining the storage facility generates CO2, with the ultimate source being the fires used to keep the guardians warm in the scenario I'm envisaging, with a temple setup and a priesthood to keep people away from the radioactive areas until the radioactivity has disappeared. It's a more effective way than just putting up signs, as who will remember what the trefoil means in a few thousand years?

As against the way that once a fossil fuel power source is dismantled, it is relatively safe.

Reply to
John Williamson

Oh dear. and backing up the wind turbines uses even MORE CO2 than everything else put together.

And if there is any radioactivity in a few thousand years at all, its so weak as to be utterly irrelevant .

And I note that your people few thousand years hence have sunk back into such barbarism that they have forgotten everything mankind has learnt. Well I guess thats how grunatics think anyway.

"Building a stone age society for people who cant handle the 21st century"..

Never mind the huge amount of radioactivity in the coal fly ash etc etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Were milk floats heated in the cabin for the driver's comfort?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It has a range of 60 miles on battery alone. If you want the odd long trip it can do it petrol. That does not have state-of-the-art fast charge batteries with a supercap combinination. Have that and the range is all the way, as charging stations will be about.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Fantastic Maxie! I do like out of the box thinking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That is because I don't live in Jockoland.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is clear you are a senile knob.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Again...."They are pollution free at point of use, so clean up cities and protect millions of lungs and keep buildings clean. Duh!"

Again...."EV vehicles that are charged from hydro are 100% pollution free"

Reply to
Doctor Drivel