Anyone to supply National grid with 500 Megawatts on Weds?.

And so far it's been unseasonably (unpredictably ?) mild, really. Rather confounding the doomsayers who were using the earliest-in-50-years arrival of some geese from Russia a few weeks back as signs of the apocalypse.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

just blew up...

Coincidence?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Invariably, these "long range" predictions are utter bollocks. Right next to "Indian Summer".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Well maybe if we bought a job lot of Duracel phone charger batteries we could charge them all up on a Monday and discharge them when required.. :-) Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"[It] is not an indication there is an immediate risk of disruption to supply or blackouts."

Oh. That's it then. I'll do all my backups early.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

1962 was pretty mild till Dec 26th
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dunno,. Gridwatch traffic has been mighty today, and so has BMreports - one of my timed scripts cant get through occasionally

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It then snowed on New Year's Day and stayed at -5C for two months. I remember that the snow was rubbish for making snowballs with, it was too cold and therefore not sticky.

Reply to
Tim Streater

En el artículo , tony sayer escribió:

Rather worrying that it's happened on what has been a very mild day. What are we in for when the really cold weather arrives? (And it's on the way.)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

At least your site doesn't use deprecated NPAPI

Reply to
Graham.

In article , tony sayer writes

It does seem so stupid to be reliant on demand side management at a time when we are desperately trying to grow the economy and reduce the deficit.

Reply to
bert

How about taking the other view - if companies can save money by being able to take advantage of a cheaper tariff, at the risk of occasionally being asked to reduce their load, isn't this helping the economy?

The sensational and poorly informed media responses to this don't help public understanding.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Isn't that an oxymoron ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Not as much as having the cheaper tariff available 100% of the time.

Reply to
bert

It don't sell the daily hail that well;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Tim Streater scribeth thus

Yep, and we only missed One day off school the roads were kept open the busses were never switched off, the trains trundled down the tacks day and night the heating packed up at school so we just wore our overcoats the county had a "keep the lights" on attitude.

Still there were still battle hardened people around who survived WW2 so not too surprising!.

Reply to
tony sayer

My parents took the DM in the 70s. I seem to remember it was an OK middle class right wing paper then.

I'm trying to pinpoint when it turned into the window lickers' daily.

Reply to
Tim Watts

AS the impact of left wing teachers in the schools led to a general decline in the so[sophistication of the bourgeoisie, so the papers and the media dumbed down to follow the market.

In short, thickos who would have been struggling to eat in pre Labour Britain now had money to burn, and bigotry to be pandered to, so left and right downgraded their output to match.

The net result is Dave Plowman. et al.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was with you until the ad hominem...