So Nuclear Power is cheap?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21328915
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21201387
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21319031
Any body that thinks soneeds their heads examining.
harry wrote:

Welcome to five hours ago....please don't spam the group with regurgiated shite that's already been posted, use the thread already in existence instead of making a new one for each comment.

pots and kettles!!!!
Jim K
Jim K wrote:

The same story was posted five hours before in a thread of it's own - do you think the same thing should be posted by everyone who visits the group? - with your 'pots and kettles' comment, you appear to be implying that I've done this, just point out where or STFU

> >> regurgiated shite that's already been posted, use the thread already > >> in existence instead of making a new one for each comment.
if you mixed the concrete I'm not surprised it's too runny...
Jim K
Jim K wrote:

Shit yourself again have you?
bit of advice, don't start what you'll never be capable of finishing

hahaha inspired! ;>))

hahaha you thinking you're qualified to "give advice" to anyone about anything is a worrying enough concept....;>))

perhaps some costed figures to compare with solar/wind/smug per watt would be more believable?
Jim K
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 10:11:22 -0800, harry wrote:

I know it is a waste of time, bandwidth and second-hand electrons (mind the radiation) but...
http://nuclearliteracy.org/you-can-appreciate-nuclear-safety /
Avpx
--
Biers was where the undead drank. And when Igor the barman was
asked for a Bloody Mary, he didn't mix a metaphor.
On 04/02/13 18:24, The Nomad wrote:

and http://www.templar.co.uk/downloads/Public_Trust_in_Nuclear_Energy.pdf
--
Ineptocracy

On 04/02/13 18:11, harry wrote:

For sure its cheaper than wind or solar.
--
Ineptocracy

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:11:22 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

} Margaret Hodge MP, chairwoman of the committee, said an "enormous } legacy" of nuclear waste had been allowed to build up at the plant." } } "Over decades, successive governments have failed to get to grips with } this critical problem, to the point where the total lifetime cost of } decommissioning the site has now reached 67.5 billion, and there's no } indication of when that cost will stop rising," she said.
What does "total lifetime cost" mean? I assume that is the current projected figure of the cost when the site is cleaned up in a couple of decades time not what has actually been spent so far. The headlines infer the latter...
How much has (and still is) that little "accident" in the Gulf of Mexico costing BP? Answer: 23.7bn to the end of last year in just 3 years.

Keep up at the back, the County Council voted no, the local councils yes... Being about 30 miles down wind from Sellafield in the prevailing wind direction. I'd like the stuff dealt with properly. There needs to be a proper storage facilty, just find the right bit of geology and build the fing thing. The NIMBY's can go fuck themselves, in the dark when the lights go out.

Pure economic short termism from a company afraid its shareholders.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Quite right. There are a few industries need to be under government control, nuclear being one of them. Railways being another.
On 05/02/13 07:45, harry wrote:

All industries are under some form of government control. Via statutory regulatory mechanisms.
Nuclear power far more so than any other.
Thats why its sop expensive.
Frankly if they took all the nuclear waste ground it up and sold it in bags of cement and used it to make houses roads bridges and the like, no one would be worse off health wise.
Next time you see a road surfaced with granite chippings, pause and reflect that if those chippings had been anywhere near a nuclear power station they would be classed as low level waste, and you would need a radiation suit to handle them probably.
--
Ineptocracy

On 05/02/2013 00:53, Dave Liquorice wrote:

It hasn't cost BP anything. It has cost the shareholders a lot.
On 05/02/13 20:15, dennis@home wrote:

who do you think BP are? they ARE the shareholders as well as the management.
If you have a pension chances are YOU are a part of BP too.
--
Ineptocracy