Presumably not one of you...

Peter Percival

No, and it wasn't any of us that installed that CCTV either!

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, I'm pretty sure that everyone here is clean-shaven. Maybe. Well, except me, that is.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Full set here.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Adams GF ??

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Well that'll learn 'em. If they had real staff this may not have happened. Sell tickets on the train.

Reply to
harryagain

They look Romanian to me.

Reply to
harryagain

+1
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They would...

Reply to
Adrian

Did you supply them with their gear then as its the only way you would know.

Reply to
dennis

No but would you not think that somebody nearby would hear angle grinders and pick axes at work in a broken into station and report it. On the other hand, this is what you get in unmanned stations. I've yet to see a cctv that can make arrests. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Aren't these stations little more than a platform, a couple of greenhouses and a ticket machine? No barriers, fencing, security at all. If they were "secure" You'd have to pay someone to go round locking up after the last train and open up before the first ...

Not quite CCTV but when some one stole a pitch side FX mic during a pitch invasion (last match at old ground, they took the place apart) and proceeded to parade it quite openly through the crowd. We recorded it (full broadcast quality on Betamax, 72:1 lens), took the tape to the Police, eventually it ended up on "Police 5", person identified and prosecuted. Never got the 2 grands worth of mic back though.

CCTV quality has come on leaps and bounds in recent years with the advent of HD and cheap mass digital storeage.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In article , Brian Gaff scribeth thus

Nope...

All they'll do is think its railway workers doing some overnight work which is what they do and quite often, and if its that bad they'll think that someone else has or will report it;!...

Yes its difficult recording all the info i.e. increasing the resolution and then getting scrote/s to stand in the right place to have his pix taken.

And note of the vid's of those attacked how they are very good at covering their faces most all of the time...

Reply to
tony sayer

That it might but it perhaps is the cost to most all organisations implementing it. There were two here in the evening paper recently looked vaguely human they did in the published pix.

Don't know why they even did that as no one could have recognised from those pix the persons involved. I doubt that the perps mothers would have recognised them!....

Reply to
tony sayer

I think that middle picture might be Kenny from South Park.

Then again, it could be any one of about 50 million people.

Reply to
Onetap

"The last known attack was on 23 May at Welham Green station, where £850 was stolen and damage put at £7,000 caused."

I'm sure when they are caught, that all they will get is a Community service order ... and probably fail to turn up for that. They should be made to pay for all repairs .... if unemployed take it out of dole until paid off.

We are too lenient of offenders ..

Reply to
Rick Hughes

No Kenny only wears an orange coat

I doubt that 50 million people could be in that location at that time.

Hopefully with CCTV a significant number of people would be on someone elses CCTV. you can't be on two CCTVs at the same time in two differnt places or can you. :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

for real. So lenient that crime too often pays. No wonder there's so much c rime then.

NT

Reply to
meow2222