Subject Author Posted Replies

Tomato plant issues
Hi all I was given half a dozen tomato plants in small pots. I have repotted them into bigger pots with fresh compost and put them in a little "green house" I had. It is this sort. have been watering...
12
12

TOT Witnessed Signature
I've just had to have my signature witnessed on a legal document (2x lasting powers of attorney). The only stipulations were that it must be someone over the age of 18, not a relative and not anyone...
14
14

vtuner
why can't I get BBC programs on my vtuner internet radios any longer ? ....
35
35

Hacking mobile phone voicemails
Are (or were) mobile phone's voicemails hacked because people don't change the default pin?
20
20

Purple bird crap
We have two bushes front and back with dark green spiky leaves that produce masses of blue berries at this time of the year. Birds eat them and then proceed to excrete purple droppings. They can ruin...
14
14

Dual monitors in different orientations.
A follow-up to my earlier thread on using a TV as a monitor. The focus seems sufficiently different enough to justify a new thread. Following everyone's thoughts and advice, I did a bit of practical...
26
26

BBC iPlayer
I have seen a message flash up several times today, to say only the basic BBC iPlayer will be available on my browser after July 2023. No hint as to what that means.
12
12

Sockets on a Fused Spur.
Gentles, At present I have a spur from my ring feeding a double 13amp socket. It used to power a DECT Base Station and ADSL Router. Having had this "upgraded" to FTTC I now find I need three outlets...
11
11

Bosch fridge drawer sliders
I recently withdrew a large vegetable drawer from a nearly new Bosch refrigerator. As I did so, part of the left hand slider fell onto the floor. SWMBO hadn't seen but nevertheless yelled at me to be...
5
5

Anybody on SSE PAYG been moved over to OVO?
I got a text from SSE informing me I've been moved over to OVO and I don't have to do anything until they tell me I can top up again (I have a smart meter for both gas & leccy). This morning, my gas...
6
6

Using a TV as a PC monitor
I'd be grateful for any thoughts on the pros and cons of using a TV as a PC monitor. My current monitor is a Dell 20" (diagonal) model which I use in portrait mode. This is good for whole-page...
69
69

OT: Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo
It is claimed the Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo printer is not compatible with Windows 11 (which comes as a surprise as I thought W10 and W11 were similar). Is there a way of overcoming this (other than...
20
20

cool
An arcade machine in The Under the Pier Show, Southwold Pier. For details about the process of making the machine visit: https://www.timhunkin.com/a106_bathyscape.htm An arcade machine in The Under...
1
1

Bendy bananas
Now that this Government is finally getting rid of this so called EU legislation, can we have our 100% British bendy bananas back, or are these Brussels pen-pushers still going to interfere with our...
159
159

3D Printers?
Does anyone on the group have one? If so, which one? What software do you use to ‘drive’ it? (Including designing things) I only use either Linux or MacOS - does anyone drive theirs from one of...
31
31