Anybody on SSE PAYG been moved over to OVO?

I got a text from SSE informing me I've been moved over to OVO and I don't have to do anything until they tell me I can top up again (I have a smart meter for both gas & leccy).

This morning, my gas meter shows:

OWED £ 0.01 ON Close in 99 HRS

Does it mean I do have to top up within 99 hours or not?

Has anybody with SSE already gone through this?

I can't be arsed phoning SSE as they put me on hold for an hour and webchat is not available for PAYG.

Love to the family.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

with a 10 second google search

During the move, your meter will remain connected and your supply will continue as normal.

If you have a smart meter:

Your credit display will disappear from your meter screen. Your credit is still available and safe.

You won't be able to top up. But if you reach your limit, your meter will remain connected and you won't lose your supply.

It will appear that your top up cards aren't working. Once you've been moved over, you'll be able to top up normally. After the move, you'll also be able to pay for any energy used during this period.

If you have a traditional meter the move will not affect your energy supply, meter display or ability to top up.

I'm surprised if your email didn't state the above

Reply to
alan_m

Thanks Captain Obvious, but that's not exactly what is appearing on the meter screen.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

I think they probably mean that you ignore the display, no matter what its doing, until you are told to do otherwise, since everything is frozen till the card is reactivated. Not sure about this form of paying for fuel. I've always done direct debit quarterly on the readings and now on the readings of the smart meter of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

'leccy'? How old are you? Six?

Reply to
mechanic

And a half, please!

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

What has age got to do with Northern slang?

Reply to
ARW