Subject Author Posted Replies

Price of LED lightbulbs
Today in Morrisons, I bought two B22 GLS 14W 1521 lumens 2700K light bulbs for £6, i.e. £3 each. Is this a record low? I have paid several times that amount in the past.
29
29

Einstein Quotes -- Day 342
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. --Albert Einstein It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. --Albert Einstein Peace cannot be kept by...

Nest
Thinking of getting a Nest G3 learning thermostat. Anyone got any experience of them?
2
2

Re-using an old bath
I've removed an old iron bath. What could I use it for or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip? george
14
14

Micro switch, switch size.
This is the lock switch of a DW New World dishwasher. When the door is closed it wont operate, I have identified the problem being that the micro switch isnt being `switched on` due to either the...
25
25

Re: New hot project galleries, daily updates
Yes well if you are going to strip naked in a loft you need it to be heated, surely? Brian

How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8
Hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help me. I am 48 and a mobility scooter user due to Spina bifida. My problem is that I would like to stop the scooter from making the beeping noise when I am...
33
33

The North channel ....
There is a term I've not heard for many many years. I don't think many people will know what you mean. If you know the real word, by use an obscure one? Brian
8
8

Can an IEC 309 plug fit onto 10mm2 SWA cable?
I have 20m of 10mm2 SWA already laid and buried between the garage and a yard master shed. One end of the SWA cable is currently outside the yard master shed where it comes out of the patio at the...
4
4

Rant - buying a new car bureaucracy....
OK - I haven't bought a new car for 15 years and the last one was from a dealer. So call me ignorant this time round. I want to buy off eBay or other source of a private owner to get a much better...
25
25

Manual plane
In common with many on here, I have a lot of DIY toys and in particular, power tools. Over the years I've acquired drills (corded, cordless combi & SDS, pillar), sanders (ordital, rotary, belt),...
12
12

Lowering a shower rail
I'm under pressure from Management to lower our shower rail by around 100mm but I really don't want to have to drill the tiles and to have to fill the holes for the existing fitting (as shown at...
25
25

BBC recording
As there was a thread on vpns, I have recorded a documentary that several blind people want to 'see' Would making an mp3 of the ad sound and audio of the show upset the bbc do you think if I shared it...
12
12

6 year old galvanised heating pipe - corrision
What could have caused the heating pipe to corrode so badly that it failed? It was next to an external wall and lagged. The are a couple of lengths of the pipe lying outside the building unused for...
22
22

VPN
Any recommendations for a good VPN to allow acess to BBC iPlayer outside the U.K. ?
6
6