OT More Scottish drivel

A spaceport for Scotland! Ha Ha! It would take 30% more fuel to launch from North Scotland than the equator. Which is why the Yanks launch from Florida and the EUSSR from South America. Total drivel. It will never happen.

harry

I though they were looking to launch into polar orbits?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, and for polar orbits it doesn't matter where you launch from - fuel costs are the same.

Reply to
Tim Streater

yes and we get charged more income tax than you English ........

Reply to
Dozy Jim ...

However, there is I think still a sea launch company using some converted old oil rig barges or something. Mind you towing the whole thing down nearer the equator every time would somewhat add time to the proceedings. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Sturgeon has the problem that when she bans all fossil fuel use on environmental grounds the oil revenue will plummet and an independent Scotland will be bankrupt.

So something has to burn up lots and lots of fuel, but if it does it in space it doesn't matter.

Either that or they'll be solar powered rockets.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

They are. So Harry is wrong, which in the 4 months I've been reading this group seems par for the course in Harry's case.

Reply to
mm0fmf

You're pretty thick aren't you?

harry

Makes no difference. All launches are Eastwards.

harry

Another one needs to get clued up.

harry

Sigh. Wrong yet again, Harry. The link you give refers to equatorial orbit launches. For polar orbits (you do know the difference, don't you? Actually, your comments suggest you don't. No surprise there then), the best place to launch would be the poles, N or S. As launching from the poles is problematical and somewhat inconvenient, then a high northerly or southerly latitude is next best.

Chris Hogg

well done you spotted what we have always known ......it is obvious every time man chebs opens his gob ....tee hee

Reply to
Dozy Jim ...

Still wrong harry. Do you ever get anything right?

Reply to
dennis

harry has an almost unique ability to be wrong with close to 100% consistency. Which is actually quite impressive, and must take some effort on his part.

Reply to
John Rumm

If being wrong was an Olympic event, he'd get the gold medal every time!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

He's one dumb git.

Reply to
mm0fmf

How can he be *SO* wrong on a subject where the objective information is in print and searchable?

Reply to
mm0fmf

He only searches the parts of the meja he knows support his views.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its amazing how propaganda can apparently make peole read oinformatin anmd totally disciunt whats in it. Climate change? Reneables? the EU? The evidence is all there.

But people read the spin in the guradian and the BBC and completely ignore it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Because he reads the Daily Mail.

Tim