Subject Author Posted Replies

touch sensitive lamp
Yes, I've checked all the obvious stuff. My question about it being repairable could have been stated better. I don't know how these touch sensitive lamps work so I'm assuming there is some internal...
13
13

Blowtorch sputtering
I've been using a late relative's spare blowtorch that he left at my house ~20 years ago. It consists of an orange tank with a valve, a rubber hose maybe 2 m long, and a handle/outlet with a valve, &...
7
7

Duplux scanning solutions ..
On Wed, 22 May 2019 10:50:38 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
11
11

logitek squeezbox
I don't think you can, certainly not on the models without built-in speakers. No need, that would be a feature of the amp you connected it to. If those with speakers don't have the controls I don't...
3
3

OT: Employees and the snowflake generation
This got me thinking about my own early working experiences and how things are different now. Better? Took an apprentice on, hes frankly not developing after 8 months. Been as patient as humanly...
148
148

Oil level sensor.
Old car has a low oil level sensor, which has never really worked properly. And spares for it NLA. It has a probe in the sump about 2" long, which merely screws in. Doesn't tell you the oil level as...
24
24

Reproducing grain.
Have a speaker cabinet which has a satin black finish. From the factory. It's obvious by the odd scratch that it is actually simply painted teak veneered plywood, as the majority of the same speakers...
2
2

Floating patio experience
Hi all, I happened to be in Topps Tiles the other week and they had a new range of porcelain tiles 20mm thick which you can use as patio slabs. The interesting thing was that you could buy plastic...
1
1

Is it any wonder the health service is in difficulties?
My wife needs her ears syringed, a simple enough job one would think. Just pop in to the practice nurse, 5 minutes job done. Not any more it has to be done "in the community". So telephone calls going...
61
61

Where's your oven?
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face. Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position. It's in...
13
13

TeamViewer
What alternatives to TeamViewer are people using? I have been hit by their sudden "Commercial use suspected" even though I only ever connect to one 86-year old friend. He and his wife have 3 Windows...
28
28

DIY Underfloor heating?
Ah. You didn't mention it was a suspended floor. Lift it, and put 6" celotex between the joists, tape over, and then lay your pipes on top No need for poly ,poulding. Just use big plastic staples to...
23
23

orange sand
mars
8
8

Drill cheaper with Two batteries than one
Ws looking around for a drill for use here in the lab. and a bit confused by these options. on rapid 2 versions the 1 batt is called a impact driver and the two batts version is a combo but they have...
11
11

Siemens WD14H421GB Washer-Dryer Doesn't Spin
As per title, the latest in an alarmingly and depressingly long list of household item that have died or malfunctionned recently is a Siemens WD14H421GB Washer-Dryer which was last used about a week...
50
50