Where's your oven?

Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.
Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.
It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when opened it steams my glasses up. So i'm thinking of having it too high again.
Just wondering where folk have their ovens?
On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:

With the bottom of the oven approx level with the worktop. This makes an easy access to the oven but the grill may be a little high
With this revamp the fridge is in a similar unit and we have a separate free standing freezer. ~This was done because fridga /freezer units can not give the freezer space we need for fruit from the garden and we have too litle freezer space with a buiult in fridge/freezer unit
Malcolm
https://www.avg.com
On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:33:41 +0100, R D S wrote:

Bottom of the double over 50-60cm from floor.
On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:

Bottom of the double 600 above the floor.
Bill
R D S wrote:

Mine is below worktop level, but having fitted one at waist/chest level for my parents (depending on height of the user) I'll do the same to my next oven.
On Monday, 20 May 2019 22:33:44 UTC+1, R D S wrote:

For quite a while last year mine was in the second bedroom.
(Kitchen refit in progress.)
Owain

Waist/chest height in tower units. Modern kitchen designers (ours anyway) think it is OK to have them under the work surface!
--
Tim Lamb

On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:33:41 +0100, R D S wrote:

We have what might be described as a "mock double oven".
Single oven starting about 600mm up from the floor. Combination microwave and oven starting at 1200mm from the floor.
For me it is important to have the top of the top oven at around eye level. The Bosch combi which we use most is at this height. The single oven below is a little low as you have to stoop to get stuff in and out and the grill is below eye level but is far more user friendly than an under worktop oven.
Cheers
Dave R

Many years ago, there was a Punch cartoon with a a picture of an old-fashioned oven withn a hole inthe floor in front of it. Husband saying "Well, you said you wanted an eye-level grill"
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
David wrote:

I thought quad ovens were de rigueur?
<snip>

Free standing with a grille at (low to me as I'm 6'2") eye level. ;-)
No form over function here and easy to replace without having to re-do the kitchen.
'She' CGAF either, especially as I do most the cooking. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:

The oven is a Creda Double oven quite old now, maybe 30 years. It is in a Magnet double oven unit, 46cm above floor. We have a rarely used Bosch microwave unit above it. I was surprised to find that many double ovens are the same size so it was possible to buy a suitable kitchen unit. I used steel angle iron to reinforce the kitchen unit as the oven is quite heavy. The main oven is a suitable height for removing heavy hot items such as the turkey at Christmas.
--
Michael Chare

On 20/05/2019 22:33, R D S wrote:

One (fan oven with grill) is, about, waist height- may be a bit lower. (Glasses steaming is an issue!)
The second (a combi- ie fan/microwave/grill ) is above it. Never noticed glasses steaming but it is mainly used for warming plates etc, sometimes if we are cooking a lot of things.
A third, free standing, combi (long story) stands on the bench. Mainly used on uWave, even then for warming milk to make coffee so can't say I've noticed the glasses problem.
--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences: