Electric Oven

I have a gas hob with a separate electric oven that was put in when I had my kitchen refitted a few years ago. The hob is still fine but the oven really needs replacing, it is a built in electric fan oven which just plugs into an ordinary socket (which the kitchen fitters installed inside the cupboard next to the cooker.) So - my question is - can we fit a new oven easily ourselves? how do we get the old one out and put the new one in....or should we be looking to pay someone to do it (please say "no" - I've already had to replace the fridge/freezer, washing machine and vacuum cleaner this year so am very broke!)

TIA

Lj

Reply to
LjLj

They usually slide in the unit on runners or sit on a shelf, and have a few screws around the front edge (possibly visibile when door is open and/or behind some clip-on trim) to stop you pulling the unit out when opening the door.

Replacement should be quite simple. The main issue will be getting one which fits in exactly the same height of opening, or modifying the cabinet to fit it. If your kitchen units are still available, you might have the option to buy new trim pieces to fit above/below the oven housing if necessary.

Many (most) electric ovens can run off a 13A socket nowadays and come with a fitted plug. The exceptions are likely to be double ovens.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel