Power supply for electric oven pt. 2

If you saw my earlier thread "Power supply for electric oven" you'll remember that we are having two ring mains in the kitchen - one RCD protected for kettles, toasters and other general stuff, and one unprotected, which will carry the CH boiler, fridge/freezer and the electric oven (13A).

Question this time is regarding the gas hob (electric ignition) and the stainless stell extractor chimney-type thingy. What's the preferred method of supplying those (ie, FCU, plug/socket or other) and would they go on the protected or unprotected circuit?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:52:59 +0100,it is alleged that "Mogweed" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Personal opinion alert:-D

I'd put them on FCUs, both are relatively low load appliances. As regards RCD or non-RCD circuit, the choice is yours, although my tendency would be towards the RCD protected one due to the usage of a hob to hold vessels of liquid and of an extractor to accumulate condensation (at a stretch) :-) The risk of anything bad happening with this condensation or with a gas hob + electric ignition getting wet is probably minimal, but still non-zero.

Reply to
Chip

Thanks very much for that Chip. That's basically what I had in mind but it's good to know someone else would do it that way too.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed