logitek squeezbox

anybody know how to turn down the bass or turn up the treble on a squeezebox?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I don't think you can, certainly not on the models without built-in speakers. No need, that would be a feature of the amp you connected it to.

If those with speakers don't have the controls I don't think the abilty to control an individual players bass/treble is in the protocol between server and player. I've not seen bass/treble in any controler programs/apps...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There are add-ins for the server software. I have read that it may be possible that way, but have never investigated as I have external controls anyway.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Dunno about that particular model but a simple way of neutering the boxy bass from modern too small boomy devices is some open pore foam in the reflex port to limit the low frequency cone excursions.

There is probably some menu deeply hidden for not having it sound like a deranged rave disco setup (but even then you may need the foam as well).

Reply to
Martin Brown