Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:prescriptions
alan_m formulated on Tuesday : But so much less likely to go wrong, than a human/ paper trail system.
50
50

Half of Sizewell B switched off
National Grid are paying EDF to switch off half of Sizewell B. Demand is so low due to lockdown there is too much generation on the grid making it tricky to balance. artical says the minimum demand...
59
59

Has anyone tried Bondic?
Bondic is a UV-cured adhesive/filler. It isn't cheap and seems to get mixed reviews - has anyone here tried it?
5
5

Re: OT Did everyone go out for a drive this morning?
Depends how much of your time you want wasting.
10
10

Jammed window handle
One of the window handles (espagnolette) on a conservatory fanlight would not turn. It wasn't locked, but pushing on the central lock button, which usually releases the catch, didn't work. It would...

Re: https://ibb.co/QvRMxrg
Prove along with all the other cb radio buffs that you are a idiot. -- Image EXqa6qk-X0-Akl-QLJ hosted in ImgBB Image EXqa6qk-X0-Akl-QLJ hosted in ImgBB
2
2

[SOLVED] SDS drill bit stuck in wall
One of my 1.5 meter SDS drill bits is stuck in the wall. The drill, a Titan, appears to have a clutch which means it makes a noise but doesnt turn. The wall is an mix of stone and lime cement. Any...
19
19

Dishwasher water chamber issue
Hi all I have a problem with a slight leak on the inlet side of the water chamber thing on the side of the dishwasher. The chamber has o rings on each of the "pipes" which then locate into the various...
3
3

WebCam
Like I'd guess many at this time, I'm using Zoom etc quite a bit. If adjust the screen on my laptop so the camera is properly framed on me, the viewing angle for the LCD screen is all wrong - washed...
27
27

Quarantine on people arriving in UK by air
'The PM also said he was "serving notice" that it would soon be the time to impose a quarantine on people coming into the country by air.' This raises two questions: - First and foremost, why wasn't a...
28
28

Kids can't go to ball games & concerts no mo'
Kids can't go to ball games & concerts no mo', cause old farts with one foot in the grave, who have ALREADY been to tons of ball games & concerts, keep hangin' around for no good reason!

Who won the Kentucky Derby in 1918?
Who won the Kentucky Derby in 1918? Answer: EXTERMINATOR
5
5

Front door do you need the triangle bit
Hi All I am changing our front door and the new one came with a triangular cross section bit of timber (probably around 50mm X 50mm) that goes along the bottom of the door. I assume it is some sort of...
11
11

Toolstation deliveries
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries? I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in...
15
15

Re: PAEDO (and MURDERER!?) PRIEST ALERT! Grooming investigation after aspiring vicar found guilty of murder!!
You should have trained to be a priest. -- Maids Moreton: grooming investigation after aspiring vicar found guilty of murder new, by David Brown And Will Humphries, Times of London (August 9, 2019)