Subject Author Posted Replies

Ecological footprint
In 1992, William Rees developed the ecological footprint concept. The ecological footprint and its close analog the water footprint has become a popular way of accounting for the level of impact that...
6
6

Re: they have at least given a lot of people OCD about washing/sterilising their hands... good for the psychiatrists eh!
I reckon you are an idiot. --

Re: ALERT! Catholic Church main cause in Corona infections!
Good. -- Four small towns in the southern Italian province of Salerno have been placed under quarantine due to an outbreak of the pandemic that reportedly originated in a spiritual retreat led by the...

Using cheap carpet shampoo in a Rug Doctor spot cleaner
I've just bought one of these: was well reviewed in Which? and by 500 Argos buyers, it seems very good. It came with a tiny bottle of shampoo stuff - about 250ML which is enough for two tanks of water...
9
9

Re: This is what we have to put up with round here
Well give a young un an inch, and they take a yard, was always thus, one supposes that plod might sort them out or with a bit of luck they will push it one day and have a nasty accident. We get them...

Why bees are finally getting a break
Why bees are finally getting a break By Isabelle Gerretsen, 5/6/20, BBC Lockdowns have put a number of insect-harming practices on hold, creating a friendlier world for wild bees - & conservationists...
7
7

Quote for new boiler. Reasonable?
As subject. The existing boiler is 15 years old and one of the PCBs is Kaput. Worcester Bosch 18 Ri NG Heat Only boiler Worcester Bosch Horizontal flue Worcester Bosch 22mm Greenstar system filter...
35
35

Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago?
Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago, when the world pop was half of what it is now?
44
44

Re: What is going on at the top?
Nobody cares what JOB says.
2
2

Sewermen (TV Prog)
I watched an excellent programme about the work of the Water Board in clearing drains and sewers - a huge fatburg was a big task. It got me wondering - could they install a "fat separator" and then...
14
14

Win 10 mouse pad problem
I was going to ask - but have now managed to fix it.... After updating all the drivers on my Acer laptop, drivers as recommended by IObit, whilst attempting to fix an irregular crash of the OS, the...
5
5

Re: Power, water, electricity....some may forget
Who cares they are not travellers. They are thieves, scumbags and inbreds. Pikeys should be executed. -- People from the travelling community say they are struggling to access water, electricity and...
4
4

LG TV UJ 630V - too loud
I am usually complaining that the ads are played at much louder volume than the program contents, but not this time. On live off air TV it is fine. The problem is Netflix and AmazonPrime, plus to a...
6
6

OT: extracting data from images of graphs etc
Just been doing this in a context other than COVID, but have to give a huge thumbs up for some freeware called Graph Grabber. Quick, intuitive, efficient.
2
2

Home brewed beer - hard or softened water?
I'm about to try brewing beer from a kit. Our tapwater is fairly hard, but the house has a water softener (*) for one of the kitchen taps. Is it better to use hard water, as it is supplied, or to use...
21
21