Toolstation deliveries

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with Toolstation deliveries?

I placed an order at 17:16 on Thursday the 7th, and the package was at the Parcelforce depot at 05:49 on Friday morning. That's in Milton Keynes, less than 20 miles from here, and at the moment on Sunday afternoon it's still there. I hope it will arrive tomorrow. My last Toolstation order took 48 hours to arrive. I said nothing, because I thought it might be a one-off, but obviously Parcelforce have problems.

Click and Collect isn't an option for me as I'm a wrinkly in self-isolation.

Reply to
Ramsman

Somewhat bizarrely it was May Day bank holiday on Friday. And Parcelforce do have a 48 hour service as well as a 24 hour one. And don't deliver Saturday normally. Although round here it's the ordinary post people delivering it, so there is no reason why they shouldn't.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

In case you hadn't noticed, Friday was a Bank Holiday, so there wouldn't have been any deliveries on that day.

Reply to
charles

FFS, havent you heard, the parcel companies are inundated with deliveries? And, it was a Bank Holiday on Friday. Have you paid for a Saturday or Sunday delivery? No, then what the f*ck do you expect? Someone from the shop to deliver it personally to you? Yes, expect delays, and dont expect deliveries on a BH.

Reply to
Alan

Thank you for your elegant and reasonably-articulated reply.

I had forgotten it was a Bank Holiday as I was working as normal. It's not clear from the Parcelforce website whether they deliver on Saturdays.

Reply to
Ramsman

The sackcloth and ashes are being prepared as I write. The fact that Toolstation provide Next Business Day delivery escaped me as I had forgotten that it was a Bank Holiday on Friday, and of course Saturday is not a business day.

Despite the current general working situation I'm busier than I have been for several months, and so have been working every day all last week, including weekends and that Bank Holiday, and will be next week as well.

Reply to
Ramsman

Also forge tthat Royal Mail no longer deliver, or collect, on Saturdays. Hopefully that will not last, but as they have been aiming to do that for some time I would not hold my breath!

Reply to
Broadback

I'm finding that Royal Mail 48hr and Parcel Farce are taking around 5 to

7 working days for deliveries.
Reply to
alan_m

I wondered why I got an odd response from a colleague when I said I wouldn't be working on Friday ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

we did get a delivery on Saturday 2nd.

Reply to
charles

I've had a couple of 48hrs ones within time. It probably depends on where its from and where you are

Reply to
charles

Yeah its called Corvid virus.

You are a idiot

--

Reply to
GB

Many people are experiencing issues with anything that goes near Royal Mail. They unilaterally discontinued Saturday deliveries of letters to concentrate on they other work but nothing seems to have got better, indeed its now as if they all go home for the Weekend around here. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Who got out of the wrong side of the bed today then, let me guess you are in customer services? Brian grin

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Amazon seem to be coping, they gave me another 30-day prime trial when I ordered something on saturday evening, delivered sunday afternoon.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have never failed to get next day deliveries from RS (via ParcelForce), even recently.

Reply to
Bob Eager