Subject Author Posted Replies

Mesh network question
I?ve got a flat that?s the ground floor of a large Victorian house with very thick walls and I?m lucky enough to get my Internet connection from someone on the top floor ? I have a Cat5 cable plugged...
9
9

Cleaning electrical contacts
Hi all I have a couple of issues which require me to clean those fragile looking ribbon cables like these are the type that look more like a strip of plastic that fits into a slot like connector with...
16
16

Hammerite paint
I am painting a metal fence. So far I have power sanded it to get rid of loose paint etc and treated the worst of the rust with Kurust (made by Hammerite).. I see that Hammerite can be applied direct...
14
14

Re: George Floyd's Unreported Past
How on earth does that excuse what happened? I don't care if he had been a mass murderer, he deserved to be treated like a human being while presumed innocent. Brian
46
46

Ebay fakes
I'm a regular Ebay buyer and as everyone knows, there are lots of fake items sold there, in amongst the genuine. Some fake sellers even use the word GENUINE in the description, so if my application is...
23
23

Tap washer confusion?
Why is a tap washer that is 5/8th", 16mm in diameter considered to be a 3/8th" washer?
2
2

domestic voltage stabilisers ?
my friend geoff asks: Does anybody have a view on domestic voltage stabilisers. From an engineer?s perspective, I can?t see why they would reduce your power consumption: 1) Anything with thermostat...
25
25

Chlorine-drenched chicken on the way
thanks to Brexiteers for fouling the Nation?s food supply. Bravo! This shit?ll be unlabelled, too, so you won?t even be able to pick and choose your meat to avoid it. I?m thankful that I stopped...
80
80

totly ot blood sugar
should you start taking a hypo at 4.7 ? ....
13
13

100 metre wifi
I want to make our internet connection available to another house about 100 metres away - with direct line-of-sight. Too far for standard wifi to work reliably (even if it worked on the drive, I don't...
14
14

Ideal elan 2 wall thermostat missing/can't find it
Hi, Just moved into new house fitted with cetral heating ideal elite 2 boiler, and I can not find the wall thermostat/no idea how to set a constant room temperature. Radiators are fitted with TRV. Any...
1
1

Re: Will it flush?
"While this may sound like free money, the reality is that the vast bulk of people who sign up for Adsense receive little or no money from it." Give me the £ per view.....
3
3

1980s copper
About a week ago I noted a faint hiss coming from inside of my under-stairs cupboard. Over a few days the volume of the hissing increased. I removed almost everything from under the stairs and piled...
11
11

Re: Will it flush?
mental case
22
22

How long should a CMOS 2032 battery last ?.
M/B was new in 2011 and battery died in 2017 so I replaced with a Duracell one that said 'made in Indonesia'. It has now failed, voltage down to 1.3 V, so I have put the other one of the packet pair...
22
22