Chlorine-drenched chicken on the way

Sincere thanks to Brexiteers for fouling the Nation?s food supply. Bravo! This shit?ll be unlabelled, too, so you won?t even be able to pick and choose your meat to avoid it. I?m thankful that I stopped eating meat years ago, tbh.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

You'd better not eat salad if you are scared of chorine- salad crops are washed in a similar chlorine solution in the UK and has been for years.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Double bonus, the veggies will need to stop eating salads (they are washed in chlorine solution) or be exposed as hypocrites as well.

The claims re welfare standards in the US are misplaced, the reason for chlorine washing isn't related to the way the chickens are kept etc. EU welfare standards are behind the UK but people just ignore that.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Or visit a swimming pool.

Reply to
Scott

Or every time you drink tapwater.

Reply to
Rambo

Do these antibiotics remain active after cooking? Mr Trump probably thinks they will prevent Covid.

Reply to
Scott

Eddie doesn't have a problem eating American food.

Cynic

Why worry about meat from the USA when most people have been eating a lot worse imported meat from the far east and incorporated in many take-away and restaurant meals.

Reply to
alan_m

boggin'

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

mmmmmm...Kebabs.!

Reply to
Rambo

Sensible people aren?t worried about it, anymore that they worry about chlorine in tap water or fluoride in toothpaste etc. But Steve isn?t sensible.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I'm not too bothered about Chlorinated chicken but have more concern of hormone and antibiotic supplements to animal feed etc.

But then I'm just as concerned over UK pigs being given antibiotics as a prophylactic at all stages of their 6 month life.

Reply to
Fredxx

Only if urine the mood...

Reply to
Rambo

You know you've got to feel for Vegans. Imagine rolling out the boozer at closing time thinking "Christ I could murder a cabbage!"

Reply to
Rambo

I didn?t know you were into watersports as well as scat, Jim. You?re one sick puppy, mate. Thanks, Jim.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

neither did I...news to me .... well well you hear a new lie every day...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You really ARE brain dead. Your drinking water has chlorine added. If you go to a swimming pool, the water is heavily chlorinated. Most washing powders/liquids contain chlorine.

Reply to
harry

I'd put Cole's rambling up there along with his forecasts of a Labour landslide, youthquake, and a Labour government at the last GE. Or even his 'what sideband do I use on 40m?'.

Reply to
Spike