Chlorine-drenched chicken on the way

You are indeed fortunate. Unless of course you consider the pale pink abomination that is called square sausuage a delicasy, in which case Bellhaven, Mc Ewans or your local sewage works final effluent is a superb accompanyment.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Last time I checked the ingredients, there were no girders mentioned :-(

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Thanks for the enlightenment! I always heard it ordered as what I thought was "Larne" sausage.

Not that I ever had reason to ask for it :-)

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

To be perfectly honest, I probably would!

The haggis and Arbroath smokies were out of this world.

Were I eighteen and in need of something to support an Arctic expedition I would go for it!

I'm not. I'm old. clapped and it would take me weeks to burn of the few bits of fat that failed to coat my arteries.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Alcoholic ginger beers range from relatively bland and low alcohol to high ginger content high alcohol so you cannot put them all into one category.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes I can, what I like to drink / not to drink is my choice.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Gotten to.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Jim, no wonder your liver went f***ed, mate. Thanks, Jim.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

And it shows, old boy, oh how it shows...

Reply to
Spike

Sorry to hear it.

I assume it was a Leyland offering?

They sometimes worked again when it stopped raining :-)

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

My first Scots pie was eaten cold, the grease wasn't dripping. It clung to the roof of my mouth like the Waxoyl did on my Morris Ital.

It's debateable which remained inplace the longest, to be fair though, my mouth never went rusty.

Now an Irish mutton pie is a different story.........

Heaven, the pastry has a lot of fat, but the pie it isn't supplemented with a level of hydrocarbons that would shame Shell.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Fascist tendencies, Jim. They?re notorious for it. Thanks, Jim.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Depends entirely who makes that Scotch pie. Like any other cooked food it can contain good or poor ingredients.

When I were a kid, a baker's van sold them hot at break time at school. Absolutely delicious. Also remember buying some years later from a shop in London. Greasy rubbish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It explains the distance.

The HF whip is going to screw the aerodynamics :-(

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

You mean like naming ones house "Falcon Lodge" in lieu of "Eagles Nest" ?

Reply to
Rambo

The Sainsbury's non-alcoholic ginger beer I get hardly tastes of much at all. Am I buying the wrong stuff?

Reply to
Pamela

What? Hiltler never had a number on his gaffe.

Nicer place than Brian's though, no sewers. dirt track or overhead power cables, lovely views...and that wunderbar lift!

Reply to
Rambo

No... Brian has no taste in anything.

Reply to
Rambo

Hold on there. It's a genuine question!

Reply to
Pamela

A local company in Aberdeen, Hays, used to do soft drinks only (like lemonade). And was rather famous for their ginger beer. Never found another anything like as good. But might just be childhood against adult taste.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)