Chlorine-drenched chicken on the way

Vegans don't visit boozers, gelatin doesn't grow on trees.

I doubt that even a proper brewery would manage to avoid the odd haze or two occasionally.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You are right in respect to the fact that there is no chlorine to worry about in chicken.

Even your household water supply needs constant injections on its route to you, specially this time of year.

Chlorine is very short lived in water and gasses off readily.

I have pointed out the problems on the NG a few times, but most of the arguments related to Brexit, so any scientific explanation went over the heads of the voiciferous repositories of emptiness.

So tuck in, enjoy. Apart from being a risky and dirty option it is hard to see how it will work out any less expensive than EU traceable to farm food.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

ROTFL, did you even get a B in biology Steve? You obviously don?t know what culture means in the context of bacteria. As for the other articles, visit a similar establishment in Europe.

Now run along and eat a cabbage you?ve deprived of its life- it was just as much alive as the pig which supplied the pork we are having for lunch. (Look up signs of Life. )

Reply to
Brian Reay

Isinglass is powdered fish swim bladders and is used to clarify real ales however there are many non animal based clarifying agents made from clay or seaweed. There are many breweries switching to non animal fining agents. no so much driven by vegans it's just that powdered fish bladders are expensive but clay comes cheaper.

I tend to use bentonite and kieselsol for fining.

Most industrial beers are mechanically filtered so vegans would be OK there.

Andy

Reply to
AndyW

I know vegans can make personal sacrifices for their way of life, but drinking keg beer??? :-(

I never used finings in my beers or wines, everything went down, clarity was low on the list of requirements :-)

I used to drink Worthington White Shield at my local. I would carefully decant two or three bottles into a pint pot, then a quick twist to get the solids off the bottom and throw those in after the clear stuff.

The finale was placing the beer on the bandit and listening to the concerned punters tell me my beer was off and I would be ill..... Happy days

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

I know. I threw up in my mouth a little as I was typing it.

I prefer clear drinks, at the moment I still have a demijohn of cider in the garage that is sitting on the lees. It went from cloudy to crystal in about 2 days. It is elderflower champers season and into ginger beer season but I drink those cloudy.

I remember white shield, do they still make it? Never acquired the taste for it but a friend swore by it.

:-)

Andy

Reply to
AndyW

I know vegans can make personal sacrifices for their way of life, but drinking keg beer??? :-(

I never used finings in my beers or wines, everything went down, clarity was low on the list of requirements :-)

I used to drink Worthington White Shield at my local. I would carefully decant two or three bottles into a pint pot, then a quick twist to get the solids off the bottom and throw those in after the clear stuff.

The finale was placing the beer on the bandit and listening to the concerned punters tell me my beer was off and I would be ill..... Happy days

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

==

LOL I used to make beer back in the day, until I found my youngest son taking some to school!!!!!

Reply to
Ophelia

It's not your friends that give you drink ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It's not your friends that give you drink ...

===

I know nothing about such things, but I gave up making it that very day:))

Reply to
Ophelia

"Hush! For the barman is pouring White Shield."

Not seen any for a while, but I think they do.

Reply to
Brian Morrison

Aaah! Ginger beer!

Root ginger, a lemon, sugar, yeast. Total heaven!

I used to knock out gallons of the stuff.

Never could comprehend why people bought the substandard crud on sale in the shops.

Oddly enough, despite the low alcohol content, I never had a duff bottle, it stored very well too, although long term storage was not a requirement :-)

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

drink is evil.....good wummin'

===

LOL

Reply to
Ophelia

The foul festering pus that oozes from Satans nipples!

Tastes nice though :-)

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Or, look for 'What plants talk about'. Though many will foo-foo plants having feelings and, responses.

All life needs to consume life whether directly or indirectly.

Reply to
RayL12

Perfect summer drink and what Ikea 1 litre bottles were made for. Although I did wait too long once to 'burp' a bottle and the top flipped over, hit the bottle, neatly cut the top off and I ended up repainting the kitchen ceiling. Lesson learned.

Andy

Reply to
AndyW

Ginger beer (the non=alcoholic stuff, I can't stand the alcoholic version) has the advantage it is refreshing even when unchilled. I don't drink sugary drinks often but Ginger Beer is one, like Iron Bru, I do like to have from time to time.

Reply to
Brian Reay

*Always* close with a cork, even if it has a screw top.
Reply to
Max Demian

In Scotland I am inclined to agree, unless you want to include some of the glorious single malts.

I cannot understand how a nation producing Laphroig can then go on to churn out crud like Mc Ewans and Bellhaven.

AB From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

give me a nice shandy on a summers day...takes away the taste...the original alkiopop ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

And what the Hell would you know about beer?

Any country that admits to producing Fosters cannot have any serious beer drinkers.

As far as planetary laughing stocks go, the US has Trump, the UK has Brexit and Australia has Fosters.