Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement electric shower head time.
Our shower hose has just begun leaking so I have ordered a replacement, but the head is looking rather tired too, so probably time that was replaced too. Present head is one of those with a selector...
2
2

screwfix special electric chain saw £39.99
bought one...no idea why I need two......
13
13

Decent mpact driver bits?
A while back a mate gave me his spare (Makita) impact driver because he'd upgraded all his power tools to the same make / battery. I was building some simple racking yesterday and used it but the few...
33
33

Repairing an electric Oven
I am in the process of repairing my Zanussi ZCV667mx lower oven, it has two ovens. Basically the thermostat has failed meaning the over heat thermostat has also gone. I noticed when looking at the...
10
10

Toilet fill valve
Anybody any idea where I can buy a bottom fill toilet fill valve with a 70mm long tail, 1/2? thread. Struggling to source one and don?t want to replace the toilet. Thanks Bev
7
7

OT youtube reporting
Has anybody tried to report a video on you tube?...there is one at the moment that encourages travel to a holiday location at a time of lockdown in England......The reporting system is a shambles and...
47
47

Tidying cables
I'm about to add a security camera to the back of the house which will mean a fourth Ethernet cable running parallel to three others. Is there any kind of trunking/conduit/whatever that I can fix to...
40
40

How to drill a hole in a noggin half way down a stud partition wall?
Right, I need to drop some networking and coaxial cables down from the loft into a bedroom. Drilling a hole in the ceiling wall plate is easy from the loft side to pass said cables through. half way...
38
38

OT: Radar interference?
In a car group I follow a number of members have had problems with the collision avoidance systems in their cars. I believe this system, like adaptive cruise control, uses a forward facing radar to...
13
13

Cost of an AVO in 1966
Just looking back at an old record of department purchases since 1957. Tracked done one of our remaining AVO's 8 mk III and ,atching serial number it seems we bought 6 of them for £128 in Aug 1966....
26
26

Computer app for draing wiring
A friend needs some assistance on a 12v wiring task. I was going to do it for him, but have really locked myself down by suffering a slipped disc. So I said I would draw it out or him, but cannot find...
20
20

LED TV Back light inverter
Problem with Bush BLED42FHDAE TV I think the issue is with the back light inverter, with the board plugged in the TV does nothing (not even the red LED on the front), but unplug it and it will appear...
21
21

Zanussi cond'sr dryer ZDP7207PZ drying time
This has just replaced old model which we had for many years & could set for short time 15 mins on the manual dial settings. This new model has only push-buttons & we cannot set it for less than 30...
7
7

OT: video editing, Win10 Photos
Just got a new toy (GoPro Hero 9) so I thought I'd try the Win10 Photos app just for viewing and trimming some clips. That (sort of) worked, but I realised that by default now it wants to do...
16
16

Mobile phone
Follow up to the previously discussed Vodafone outage. After nearly 2 weeks Vf grudgingly admitted there had been an issue without giving any details. This came in the form, Great news, our engineers...
48
48