Zanussi cond'sr dryer ZDP7207PZ drying time

This has just replaced old model which we had for many years & could set for short time 15 mins on the manual dial settings. This new model has only push-buttons & we cannot set it for less than 30 mins (big increase in running cost) . Any advice/solution greatly appreciated. Thank you. David

Reply to
David Oreton

Why not just turn it off when 15 minutes has been reached? You can always switch it off at the mains if for some reason it doesn't respond to turning off with its own controls.

Modern tumble dryers dry to a specific water content rather than on time. Have you tried it with the minimum 30 minute setting to see how dry the laundry is?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

It does list "sensor drying" in the features, I generally set mine for "hanger dry" and let the machine decide, or "extra dry" for towels, "iron dry" I've no idea what that's for!

Reply to
Andy Burns

I find that if I hang absorbent things up for a day them put them in the drier with the other things I can reduce running time by 50%.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I've always assumed it leaves things slightly damp, so that when they are ironed a small amount of steam is generated to assist in removing any creases.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

they are dry

have no need to put them in the