Subject Author Posted Replies

Small Planks in loft
I am currently boarding my loft and I have small pieces of wood hammered at various angles access the joists. I thought they were for stepping on when the house was built but underneath are these...

Tools that cannot work
Some time ago I bought an i-Star Multi Lens Cleaner Disc with Fluid. Just now I tried it on my laptop drive which was malfunctioning, and it had no effect. It is a 5" disc with little brushes that you...
4
4

EV charger
The Hypervolt and EO chargers included a fullsize Raspberry Pi :) Pi Zero in the case of the EO Mini 2) Might be nice to have a Pi-powered charger, means you could put custom firmware on it if you...
4
4

How many Earths do we need if the world's population lived like....
How many Earths do we need if the world's population lived like... United States, 5.0 Earths Australia, 4.1 Earths South Korea, 3.5 Russia, 3.3 Germany, 3.0 Switzerland, 2.9 United Kingdom, 2.9...

Chinese bricks
Feel the quality... Dishonest brick manufacturer in China making rubbish brick. Building collapse compilation in China 😰
11
11

Joining a damaged 200W appliance flex - any gotchas?
Managed to melt some of the flex on a slow cooker. [Posted about previously.] Looking inside, the wiring looks complicated with all the heat shielding, cable joins etc. I an considering that cutting...
19
19

retaining wall
we have a rear garden that is higher than our neighbours. Soil is beginning to slide under our fence and into their garden. We need to stop this happening but can only work on it on my side of the...

On the absolute off chance that someone knows how to achive this...
I have a 3 Mobile PAYG android phone. After 7 rings it stops ringing and transfers the call to voicemail I am often 7 rings away from it. I would like to increase the timeout. I spent 2 hours online,...
26
26

BT Landline Text Service
Does anyone else use this service and if so are you having any problems in the last few days? Also can anyone give me the number for self initiated line test? Thanks in advance
8
8

Any experience of "Faithfull" wood chisels and gouges.
They look like quite good quality. Nicely boxed and presented on ebay. No info given on what the metal is though. Carbon steel is supposed to be good, chrome vanadium not so good. Or is this just an...
32
32

Outwitting Your Vehicle's 'Brain'
Guys, I have an aging (18 year old) Mercedes W211 which has developed a fault which is causing the dash to light up like a Christmas tree. This one fault is causing 3 different warning lights and...
57
57

Someone who can do some metalwork (lathe & welding)?
Hello all, I would like to find someone who can do a little bit of metalwork for me. It doesn't need to be local to me. Could anyone recommend someone? I'm sick of not having an adequate baritone...
6
6

New build housing, roof rain run-off?
I see a lot of "leaky-dam" and water collection groundworks in such estates recently. Is that for road run off and roof run off? Is there national outlawing of roof run-off into the sewer system these...
14
14

OT: Driving license renewal delay
On three previous occasions I've renewed my driving license on-line. This time it refused to find my passport despite it being renewed two years ago. So I submitted the form by post. It's now been...
45
45

Repairing damaged mirror silvering
I need to repair some areas of damaged silvering around the edge of a bathroom mirror. Has anyone here had any success with the various repair kits that are advertised, or with other methods?
1
1