OT: New product at Tesco's ?

There was a display in our Tesco's yesterday for: "Steak and Ale Pie, Hot Shot Hot Dog, and Chicken Tackle Masala." Does nobody proofread these things?

Reply to
Davey

Andy Burns

Proofread by the Facebook generation

Reply to
newshound

Ye gods! It's deliberate! How sad.

Reply to
Davey

What's the problem with these two?

Reply to
R D S

The second seems not to be on their Web Site.

And the "'s" is bad, though common, grammar.

__ JRS

Reply to
John Stockton

All three are Walkers "football related" crisp flavours

Reply to
Andy Burns

Flavoured scabs.

Reply to
jon

aka the £1.99 business lunch special

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Very few people can read these days and even fewer can write, and of those almost none can write correct English. And one on a hundred can Do Sums, if that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Blair generation. Thats what Full Marx fior dummies at school and no english language exams are all about

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Er what "'s"???

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I'm OK with chicken breast, thighs and wings but, tackle?

Reply to
Richard

Tikka (spellchucked)

Reply to
charles

Tesco's what? Your own posting may require proofreading.

Reply to
Scott

Could have intended "Tesco's local supermarket".

Reply to
Richard

I appreciate that, but this is not what he said when criticising others' written style.

Reply to
Scott

In message snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

Capons are castrated cockerels - so it's possibly an example of putting the 'leftovers' to good use.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

What's wrong with chicken balls? It's on most Chinese takeaway menus in the sweet and sour section.

Reply to
alan_m