OT but interesting.question

Are the Taliban are not fazed by Covid 19? ?

Reply to
jon

life is cheap to fuzzy wuzzies ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In a war, I'd imagine there are so many dead people about that nobody notices.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Not much, or not much being officially reported.

I noted recently te BBC have resorted to reporting deaths where Covid had been mentioned on the death certificate - deaths from covid and deaths with covid

Reply to
alan_m

covid, war, whatever, it's all for allah to sort out.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That is the way it has been reported for a long time and is perfectly reasonable. Many deaths are not directly caused by Covid, but by it exacerbating pre-existing conditions - which people might otherwise have lived with for decades. The primary cause may be the underlying condition, but it likely wouldn't have killed them now, without Covid.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I had the impression a few weeks ago that they were reporting all deaths where the individual had tested positive for Covid within the last ?28 days (or whatever the time period was) as being included in the Covid death total, even if the individual had been run over by a bus. I've given up following it now. It's become boring! It's worse than the daily announcement of casualties during the Falklands war.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Oh good. Hopefully another place added to the Green List ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Not where they have been run over, but where an illness has killed them.

Reply to
Steve Walker

The western powers find it convenient to represent "The Taliban" as an entity, so that it can be the villain. But actually, it is more of a "movement", and one that must have a lot of grass-roots support out in the provinces, otherwise it would not have been so successful. Covid is primarily a problem in areas that are densely populated, and have a lot of movement between centres. Afghanistan is not like that.

Reply to
newshound