Armoured cabling run

I have a need to run 25m of 10mm armoured from house to shed. Is it necessary to get 3-core (LNE) or is it still alright to use 2-core for LN and use the armouring for the Earth, like it used to be?

Reply to
Cliff Topp

It is not clear from your post to whether yopu are exporting the earth or if you are implementing TT earthing.

It is also not clear what upstream device you are using at the start of the armouring, i.e. what rating MCB you are using.

Reply to
SH

The earth will come from the earth bar in the house and it'll be a 40A MCB.

Reply to
Cliff Topp

The 2 core will be fine unless you have for some reason to bond any extraneous-conductive-parts in the shed eg incoming metal water pipes etc

Reply to
ARW

Brilliant, cheers mate ;o)

Reply to
Cliff Topp

I managed to find this oldie for you.

All you need is table 1 and table 2. It's a bit out of date (16th edition).

Nothing has altered apart from lighting voltage drop at the head end.

25m of 10mm cable needs no calculation.
Reply to
ARW

Once again, brilliant, thanks very much my friend.

Reply to
Cliff Topp