Roofing membrane

Am I right in thinking that membrane should overhang the masonry/barge board on the gable?

What should happen at the boundary with the neighbours? (this is on a semi). Looks to me like the membrane has been cut back short, so there's a line of slates with no membrane under.

I appreciate that the house has survived pretty well without membrane or felt for over 80 years, so I'm just wondering whether I should raise this or not....

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Yes. All it needs is a tiny weep where previously there as none, resulting from disturbing the roof and you could have problems or your neighbour might.

Reply to
Andrew

Dont know the details for an old school membrane, but a breather membrane (tyvek or similar) should be taken up to the back of the gable barge board - not over it as it is not suitable for long term UV exposure.

At the party wall the new membrane should overlap with the neighbours.

Reply to
Nikki Smith

I think these days it should be uPVC eaves support trays (a.k.a. felt support trays)

Reply to
Robin