Subject Author Posted Replies

No official news yet about energy supplier folding.
Strange, but true. I would have expected an email by now to confirm the situation. I sent meter readings in on Thursday.
19
19

Cordless tool battery
I recently bought a cordless angle grinder from Aldi, 70 quid and I am impressed even if it is old brush commutated. The battery is nominally 40V (actual 36.5) 2.5Ah. If I re purpose it to test the...
10
10

Cure your crappy Citroen* infortainment system with this one weird trick ..
With tiresome predictability, the infotainment system on our Citroen decided to fuck up on the first long journey in 18 months. Set off with my phone playing a podcast via bluetooth and 5 minutes into...
3
3

Woodstove fan direction.
One woodstove is in an old fireplace, the builder's opening, which I have rendered the inside of. To the sides of the stove, about 200mm. To the back, 70-80. Above, say 400mm, easily enough for the...
2
2

OT - Driving ban appeals process - More answers
He says he didn't get a notification of the court date at all and was anyway working away in the very north od Scotland solidly for several weeks. He did get a letter asking him how he wished to plead...

Baffling phone socket wiring
A friend of mine asked for my help with his daughter's house she's just moved into. The issue was that she had a telephone socket on a cable hanging in mid-air in a door way. The cable vanished into...
7
7

More Matt Ridley
Personally I prefer to read his articles, but here is an uncritical interview on energy topics. Just talking heads, so OK for Brian. Matt Ridley went on talkRadio with Julia Hartley-Brewer earlier...
1
1

20 motorists follow a tanker to a building site instead of to a petrol station.... :-)
Driver Johnny Anderson says about 20 vehicles followed him to a building site in Northamptonshire.
12
12

Rotary switch???
I am looking for a simple 4 way rotary switch for a small electronics project I am doing. When I looked on fleabay, I see I have a choice of break before make, make before break, a selection of poles...
19
19

PFBS12B4 cordless rotary tool fault
Just joined, so not sure if I'm doing this right. Since new, front bearing always vibrated a bit. Then switch fell to bits(due to vibration.) Fitted a new identical switch, and also wrapped the...
3
3

song
is there any way to find a song from the 70's called 'Top down' ?....
43
43

Any real life experience of inverter welders?
My son wants me to buy him one for his birthday, which I will be happy to do if they're not a dud.
18
18

OT - Driving ban appeals process
Posted here as well as ULM for extra coverage/advice.. Not me and I am struggling to get the entire story, but looking for advice on behalf of.... The court is in Carlisle, he lives in Middlesbrough....
43
43

A messy loft
We re-roofed a few years ago, and employed idiots that made an mess of the old loft by littering it with bits of smashed up tile and mortar. All of this dirt has trashed the loft insulation, which OCD...
5
5

OT. Can you hear that laughter?
My fixed price dual fuel tariff with Scottish Power ends this month. I'm currently (no pun intended!) paying £93.99 pm and they are offering me a new one at £154.01 pm and I'm over £250 in credit....
12
12