PFBS12B4 cordless rotary tool fault

Just joined, so not sure if I'm doing this right. Since new, front bearing always vibrated a bit. Then switch fell to bits(due to vibration.) Fitted a new identical switch, and also wrapped the bearing in a layer of insulation tape, around outside, which fixed the poor fit in the plastic. Runs sweet now, but - charge lights are on all the time, even when switched off ! No shorts. No bad connections. Any ideas what may be wrong? (Eg. Wondered if I left it to drain battery, it might reset?)has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks. Gaz.

Reply to
Gary Armitage

By the way - that's a Parkside machine - forgot to mention

Reply to
Gaz

Have you tried telephoning ing the "service hotline" freephone number written on the back of the container it and the bis 'n' bobs come in?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Hi chris. Thanks. I didn't try that, because I have probably voided warranty anyway, due to the replacement switch, my thonking being they wouldn't be interested. Meanwhile- I just ran the tool battery down. The indicator lights did go out one at a time, as per normal. As I'm writing, the machine just cut out, and all lights are now off. I was hoping this may then reset the chip. I'll let it stay flat for an hour, switched on, then off for an hour. Then recharge, and see what happens. Shame really, because it's otherwise a good-un.

Reply to
Gary Armitage