Subject Author Posted Replies

Auto garage door openng/closing
I'm thinking of having a radio operating system fitted to my existing garage door. Has anyone any horror stories concerning such? Peter
16
16

Automatic Curtain openers and closers
Yesterdays Money section in the Metro referred to this product for automatically opening and closing curtains to 'save money'. looks like it slots inside the plastic track and the rubbery wheel in the...
5
5

Recommendation wanted for a key safe
Mr Google has been helpful and has convinced me that my current (and very commonly used) Masterlock key safe is not secure. The Supra C500 is, apparently, "police approved" but the reviews are not...
22
22

Another excuse for more failures:-)
Proper O level maths exam.. I failed at question 1. But grade inflation caused by two years of teacher-assessed grades will not continue, exam boards say. Emaths: Free resources for mathematics...
198
198

Interior Cement Board - use outside?
Is there any reason why this: aquapanel cement board indoor) Can't be used outdoors? I mean, obviously there probably is, but I can't think what it might be. A mate's got some spare and wants to use...
5
5

Search assistance needed - spare red straws for WD40 spray
Just lost the last known straw for my WD40 collection. I'm sure I've seen packs of replacement straws (must be a common requirement) but I can't get the correct search term. Help! Dave R
7
7

BoJo lies about crime figures.
BoJo has said crime figures have reduced. True only if fraud is not included. Include that and they're on the up. Even with the number of people ashamed to report being caught by a scam, etc. But...
24
24

Drains - legal obligation.
Need what I suppose is legal advice. I have a Victorian semi. Next door's drains join mine at the rear of my house, and exit to the street drain under my house. Through the cellar. Previous owner of...
29
29

Gas Safety Certificate
I arranged a gas safety check, but the engineer says the check cannot go ahead as the meter is not working. The valve works, but the meter is not measuring the gas. The engineer says that part of his...
28
28

Thoughts on bathroom lights with integrated LED
I want to replace the old pendant fittings in my bathroom and downstairs toilet with something brighter and better looking. The ceiling locations are in zone 3 afaik. I'm considering getting the...
27
27

Pipe burst problems - advice needed
Hi, I need to pick brains about leak prevention or control. Much of the pipework in my house is over 10 years old. In the five years I have lived here I have had three pipe bursts. The failures have...
52
52

Plumber one radiator, a bathroom and shower mixer and 3 sets of taps. One in ensuite, one in main bathroom and one in downstairs toilet. Found a TPR 15 reliance water control cut out lying on the floor after he left. Should this have been replaced?
I have an oil driven worcester heat slave combi boiler. No water tank anywhere.. The pressure in the shower he fitted a Mira Coda Pro EV Exposed Thermostatic Valve Mixer... is poor. The hot pipe...

and we think our housing stock is bad
Video Street Walking Tour Around Barangay Payatas B Residence, Quezon City Metro Manila Philippines City Metro Manila Philippines Evergreen Street Golden Shower Road Bansalangin Street Narra Street...
64
64

reserved volume file into my posts
Quite wrong. All of it. Plenty of sources say empty it more often than every three years. For example and and There are others. Frequency of emptying depends on several factors, particularly how big...
4
4

OT: Ding dong bell...
Little boy's in the well. but they've just rescued him, apparently, condition as yet unstated. Hope he's alive and will eventually be OK. But what I don't understand is if this well is so narrow that...
23
23