Interior Cement Board - use outside?

Is there any reason why this:

(knauf aquapanel cement board indoor)

Can't be used outdoors? I mean, obviously there probably is, but I can't think what it might be.

A mate's got some spare and wants to use it as some sort of kiln enclosure in his garden.

Reply to
RJH

"Can Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor be used outdoors? No, this board should only be used for internal applications. Knauf offers Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Outdoor (which is freeze thaw tested) for exterior uses"

Since it is going spare, and it has a rough side, could it be given a render coat to keep the rain off ?.

Reply to
Andrew

It's covered in the FAQ section:

"Can Knauf AQUAPANEL Cement Board Indoor be used outdoors?

No, this board should only be used for internal applications. Knauf offers Knauf AQUAPANEL Cement Board Outdoor (which is freeze thaw tested) for exterior uses."

Paul

Reply to
Paul

But even the external version can only be left un-clad for 6 months

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah thanks all, should have read the page! I'll pass the render idea on.

Reply to
RJH

It depends on which version of the board

From their FAQ on the page you linked.

Can Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Indoor be used outdoors?

No, this board should only be used for internal applications. Knauf offers Knauf AQUAPANEL® Cement Board Outdoor (which is freeze thaw tested) for exterior uses.

Reply to
alan_m