Subject Author Posted Replies

COM Surrogate has stopped working!..
Might be of use for some;).. If anyone is plagued by this nuisance error message when viewing JPEG pictures under WIN 7 instead of all the wrong answers that are spouted on various support websites,...

Broadband speed testing
I'm about to try to confirm that a friend is not getting the speed expected on their broadband service. So I just thought I'd check here using 3 different laptops connected in turn to the same...
4
4

D-I-Y tubular bells - source of cheap pipe?
Hi all I am wondering about becoming the scourge of my neighbours(*) and making a garden set of tubular bells. I'd like to find a source of suitable metal pipe. It should be: - of decent diameter, say...
29
29

Very OT: 70s kids' sci-fi TV show
I'm trying to find a bit more about a kids' science fiction series from aro= und the mid 70s. It was about the same time as 'The Tomorrow People', and p= robably had a similar audience. All I can...
7
7

vailant turbomax 242e ignition problem
hi having a problem with a valliant 242e. to begin with, we had central heating but no hot water. the diaphragm has been changed once a year for the past 5 years so this time we have changed the...
1
1

Circular saw recommendation pl?
Ancient B&D circular saw just died in middle of a bit of flooring chipboard so I cannot wait for special deals. I have read the Wiki and past recommendations. The Makita 5704RK looks as if it wd do me...
7
7

hanging wooden doors - what equipment needed?
The OP has never used a plane before so, for him at least, it will be "*that difficult*"
23
23

Building a PC (for those that do)
tock coolers are noisy whining things too! The current PC cannot handle HD graphics that well ... especially when I am editing and hit 'render' processor flat-lines. Even after rendering it struggles...
51
51

Reversing Sensors
My car has sensors - dealer fitted from new using genuine Honda kit - and they are now giving an intermittent bleep when I select reverse and they no longer register obstructions. Any ideas what the...
15
15

Ryobi -Expand It petrol pruner/ hedge trimmer (follow up)
I while ago I asked for feedback on Ryobi petrol 'expand it' system. In general comments were fair ... I found a supplier on line that sold guaranteed units ... catalogue returns. I ordered the Ryobi...
4
4

Dishwasher waste into soil stack
Not exactly a DIY question, but I (or more precisely my father) could do with a bit of advice. About 18 months ago, my father decided to have the waste from the dishwasher diverted so that it drains...
10
10

Central Heating Taps
A picture posted to Flickr or Photobucket might help.
4
4

Minimal router body
Hi all, I'm a big fan of and lots of the machines on there make use of a minimal router which isn't much more than a motor with a collet (e.g., I can't find where to buy one of these though. I'm...
9
9

Improving insulation and sound
Just recently got `free` cavity wall & loft insulation and would like to further improve the insulation and sound insulation in a couple of rooms. In one bedroom there are 2 windows which although...
4
4

So, how are solar PVPs fixed (proper and cowboy) ?
How is the burger place going?
7
7