Central Heating Taps

Hi Guys,

I hope all is well? I have a quick question that hopefully someone will have some advice on.

I live in an apartment block that has comunual central heating. I have a cupboard that has 2 of the buildings central heating pipes, they go through my apartment in from my ceiling and out of the floor.

Connected to each of these pipes is another pipe that connects to one end of the radiator, creating a "loop". I assume that the water comes in from one of the building pips and out of the other.

I would like to move the radiator (I am not doing the work someone with some experience is, although they are not a plumber).

We need to turn the water off, and this is where I am having problems. The "valves" that connects my system to the buildings systems are different.

One has a simple red wheel, so this can be turned easily,the second one looks like it needs a round cylindrical key to operate it; does this sound correct ot anyone, I have searched loads of DIY shops and can't find any key that is circular, they all seem square?

Any ideas?

Thank you so much guys!!

Best wishes Rich

Reply to
Richardjpatrick

A picture posted to Flickr or Photobucket might help.

Reply to
Graham.

Not really. We just went out to look for bathroom mirrors, went to Grahams in Canterbury. All they have is modern shit - mirrors with LEDs built in and similar. The LEDs are far too bright.

The blokes in the Kent Tile Centre on the Sturry Road were whinging that some of their suppliers can't be bothered with them any longer - too small I imagine.

Circular? How's it going to grip then? Sounds like some bugger cut the wheel off and you're just left with the shank.

Reply to
Tim Streater

When we wanted bathroom mirros, I bought a piece of mirror (well, two pieces, since we wanted 2 mirrors) from a glass supplier and had it framed.

Reply to
Huge

Assuming you had access to all the flats in the block, how would you set about balancing the system? (I know roughly how to balance radiators).

Reply to
Graham.