"wind noise" in the central heating

i have a strange "wind noise" in the central heating. I woke up this morning thinking there was a large storm outside (as it sounded like a strong wind outside)..but seems it was coming from the central heating system. I also noticed a "water dripping" sound from within one of the radiators.

I'm reasoning that the water temperature was too hot (or the pump to fast - so that not enough heat was discharged during circulation) causing a superheating/steam to run round the system..and the dripping was the superheated steam condensing from the top of the radiator.

Or am i barking up the wrong tree??

Reply to
Martin

Before you do anything else, turn the system off, bleed the radiators and (if necessary) check the pressure and refill the system. The last part only applies to sealed & pressurised (i.e. modern) systems.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

thanks,