Subject Author Posted Replies

Dishwasher waste into soil stack
Not exactly a DIY question, but I (or more precisely my father) could do with a bit of advice. About 18 months ago, my father decided to have the waste from the dishwasher diverted so that it drains...
10
10

Central Heating Taps
A picture posted to Flickr or Photobucket might help.
4
4

Minimal router body
Hi all, I'm a big fan of and lots of the machines on there make use of a minimal router which isn't much more than a motor with a collet (e.g., I can't find where to buy one of these though. I'm...
9
9

Improving insulation and sound
Just recently got `free` cavity wall & loft insulation and would like to further improve the insulation and sound insulation in a couple of rooms. In one bedroom there are 2 windows which although...
4
4

So, how are solar PVPs fixed (proper and cowboy) ?
How is the burger place going?
7
7

Very OT: 'Kickdown' gears
ISTR Mercedes recommending large throttle openings, but small revs. My knowledge suggests you want to be on the torque band, and not quite Wide Open Throttle. (WOT tells the engine computer you want...
18
18

6 AA vs 8 AA
Almost certainly not. There is always a slight risk, but many things that also work off car or mains supplies are pretty accomodating on voltage. What they don't like is reverse voltage and large...
24
24

Planning permission
Makes sense to me... a surprisingly large proportion of the expense of a new build comes *after* the shell of the building is in place - plastering, wiring, plumbing, decorating etc. David
14
14

fitting sink in laminate worktop
Ah. Do you have an example brand in mind, or just waterproof PVA (EVA etc) ? Simon.
6
6

Wallpapering advice please
I'm at the about to paper stage, having stripped back to plaster. I've been advised to lay the paper horizontally - it better covers sins. How easy is this? Rob
10
10

That Aldi cable access kit
I'd definitely go back. If nobody does their suppliers have got away with shoddy QA. Brian
9
9

Self advancing strimmer - a myth?
One word of warning though. I have found that keeping cheap strimmers in the garage or shed through a cold winter buggers the cutting line, making it so brittle it breaks at the slightest hint of...
48
48

OT Wimbledon
I put an aerial on the roof of the factory. Doncaster Road I think. Bill
4
4

Electric showers
Hi, I'm planning to re-model my kitchen and utility room and want to create a shower room in the utility area. I'm inclined to make this an electric shower on the grounds that it gives an alternative...
1
1

Power for heating controls. Double pole isolation needed?
Hi all, The slowest re-wire in the history of the universe continues... The next circuit in the firing line is the heating controls (bog standard Y-plan). My previous heating systems all got their...
14
14