Subject Author Posted Replies

Hard Leather
No. Sorry. But if anyone comes up with a good idea I might try it on my Scarpa walking boots which seem to have set solid. Nick
12
12

" In some regions, losses are an incredible 70%,"
Yes well, surely its up to central government to control the regional spending. Its great giving free power but as we all know there are those in need and there are those who will be in line for a...
8
8

Junction Box with Fuse
"John Rumm" wrote snip.......... snip................ Thanks John Would the (accessible and floored) kitchen loft be too remote a location for the FCU? Also with regard to the 3A MCB suggestion - that...
6
6

Choice of Power Shower
I need to replace my Aqualisa power shower. I am not very happy with the quality especially considering the cost. A replacement which isn't even a direct replacement is over £600. A Mkit ira is about...

Flickr or Google+ ?
I want to put a small photo on the web, in connection with a gardening query. I assumed that flickr was the standard way of doing this, but it seems that to use this I have to register with Yahoo,...
4
4

Totally OT - Flight Cost Anomaly
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:36:32 +0100, Adam Funk wrote:
8
8

Freezer spray contents
That freezer spray you use for plumbing - anyone know what's in it? A friend said "liquid nitrogen". I was about to say how stupid he was when I realised I actually have no idea what it is. Maybe it...
6
6

Omnicron 9000
Have one of these alarms which I self installed many years ago. Found the original instructions - both installation and user. Need to change a faulty sensor, but can't stop it going off when I open it...
1
1

Earthing Dry Lining Box
I have never fitted a dry lining box before but I am puzzled why there is an earthing point. Why earth a plastic box. Kevin

Update on Makita drill
Makita ones, or any brand? Just curious since the cheapest way to get a 24V NiMH battery charger seems to be to get an old power tool charger from a car boot sale. But there's a question of how...
7
7

Low wall problem
Have a look at Pyracantha ( might be a bit high for your location but it can be pruned to a reasonable height (one of my neighbours has it well trained) and it will certainly stop the beggars sitting...
1
1

Flogging the end of my garden to my neighbour
I'm planning to sell the end 40% of my garden to my next door neighbour. We want to do it without involving a solicitor as in my experience they do = very little, do it wrong, take a long time about...
2
2

Power consumption in India
Grauniad: "India is the world's fifth-largest electricity producer after the US, China, Japan and Russia, but its per capita consumption is among the world's lowest. In 2009, Indians used 571 kWh per...
5
5

Rough Audi A6 tickover and duff replacement parts;(..
A cautionary tale;!.. Quite somewhile ago I posted here re my vintage Audi A6 and an a rough idle problem. From the start this would very rapidly start to "hunt" i.e. rev up to say 1500 and down and...
2
2

Bosch Washing Machine Woes
Hi all Our Bosch washing machine has started making suspicious noises! Only at certain speeds, there is the sound of something catching as the drum rotates. I have tried spinning the drum by hand but...
3
3