Flickr or Google+ ?

I want to put a small photo on the web, in connection with a gardening query.

I assumed that flickr was the standard way of doing this, but it seems that to use this I have to register with Yahoo, which I am slightly reluctant to do.

I understand google+ has a rival service which does much the same thing. But when I looked this up it seemed that I have to specify who is able to see the photo, which in this case would be difficult.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

tinypic.

No signing up, logging in etc, and no huge and hideous, frequently unloadable flashing adverts that photobucket is inundated with

Reply to
Phil L

Dropbox - it is so very useful in many ways it is well worth signing up.

Reply to
polygonum

To clarify

If you load the photo into Google+, you can then right click on it and retrieve the url for the image itself.

You should be able to post the url directly rather than posting to the google+ page

Reply to
OG

It is? You need to run a better class of browser plugin. I use Firefox with Ghostery, AdBlock Plus & Flashblock & I can't recall the last time I saw an advert on the web.

Reply to
Huge